• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

AS level results were devestating need advice

Reaction score
Hello everyone well this is my story
I went through the CIE AS level examinations and I got horrible results after working very very hard these are my results Chem: E, Bio: E, Phy :E ICT:D , well I want to go into the medical field but my grades simply wont allow me to enter it , the university i want to apply in need minimum a B in the sciences , so now i have 2 choices here are the options please look at them and give me your advice believe me it is much needed.

1)Retake the exams again which are in 2 months or retake the whole year again because i think i will need it 2 months will not improve my grades by much , but what really concerned me is if i do take the year again and get below B it will be really really messed up , and i have seen some of my friends who did this and still got bad grades so i am really scared about doing that , no matter how hard i will work CIE will not reward me for my hard work it is a very difficult course. if i do retake the year it will be a very big risk which can ruin my life and my dream to become a doctor.

2) Completely change my system and go do my A levels in EDEXCEL simply beacause it is much more easier and not complicated like CIE, it is a 2 year course but i think i will go through it and achieve the grades i need , (this is what my friends and teachers have advised me please correct me if you think Edexcel will be the same as CIE), but my heart is with this option it will be easier and will not be a risk .

These are my two options please read through the whole think and give me an opinion thanks.

Reaction score
w
Hello everyone well this is my story
I went through the CIE AS level examinations and I got horrible results after working very very hard these are my results Chem: E, Bio: E, Phy :E ICT:D , well I want to go into the medical field but my grades simply wont allow me to enter it , the university i want to apply in need minimum a B in the sciences , so now i have 2 choices here are the options please look at them and give me your advice believe me it is much needed.

1)Retake the exams again which are in 2 months or retake the whole year again because i think i will need it 2 months will not improve my grades by much , but what really concerned me is if i do take the year again and get below B it will be really really messed up , and i have seen some of my friends who did this and still got bad grades so i am really scared about doing that , no matter how hard i will work CIE will not reward me for my hard work it is a very difficult course. if i do retake the year it will be a very big risk which can ruin my life and my dream to become a doctor.

2) Completely change my system and go do my A levels in EDEXCEL simply beacause it is much more easier and not complicated like CIE, it is a 2 year course but i think i will go through it and achieve the grades i need , (this is what my friends and teachers have advised me please correct me if you think Edexcel will be the same as CIE), but my heart is with this option it will be easier and will not be a risk .

These are my two options please read through the whole think and give me an opinion thanks.
well, to tell u something rehman, u got your options limited and narrowed to some hopeless thinking. If you think you tried ur best you shouldnt even consider redoing an entire colg year and hense waste it. you know the course, you need to practice and develop skills. And it doesnt take that long the second time. You can give one AS subject this nov, and the rest u can give as compond AS plus A2 in may/june. One advantage of this composite paper wil be that your AS wil improve hell lot with studying A2 alongside...things that previously didnt make sense wil seem pretty logical this time.

Reaction score
another thing u could do to lighten the burden a little bit is to drop ICT, since u just need a minimum of 3 science subs for med skools. You have to study fsc alongside too if u have any hopes of getting into a gov med colg in PK, on merit. Otherwise private med skools are always a second option but they come with hefty sums of money u need to pay up each year (7 to 12 lacs per annum).
w

well, to tell u something rehman, u got your options limited and narrowed to some hopeless thinking. If you think you tried ur best you shouldnt even consider redoing an entire colg year and hense waste it. you know the course, you need to practice and develop skills. And it doesnt take that long the second time. You can give one AS subject this nov, and the rest u can give as compond AS plus A2 in may/june. One advantage of this composite paper wil be that your AS wil improve hell lot with studying A2 alongside...things that previously didnt make sense wil seem pretty logical this time.

Reaction score
I think you should drop ICT as u dont need it for med, and i dont think u should switch to ed excel, as i heared their marking is a bit strict but the paper should be a bit easier although the material for cie and edexcel are the same. I am going to med uni this year and i took CIE: bio chem phy and math, so what i recommend is too go for the resit after 2 month that's what i would do. :)

Reaction score
I think you should drop ICT as u dont need it for med, and i dont think u should switch to ed excel, as i heared their marking is a bit strict but the paper should be a bit easier although the material for cie and edexcel are the same. I am going to med uni this year and i took CIE: bio chem phy and math, so what i recommend is too go for the resit after 2 month that's what i would do. :)
what were ur grades ?

Reaction score
i did as level only this year and got A in all the subjects
What subjects did you take?
I studied alot and ended up with 3b's for math physics and chem
How did you prepare
I really lost as to how i'm going to study for all of them in three months. :)

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice guys but I think i will just do Edexcel because it is easier and i can do both AS and A2 in 1 year this seems like the better option i really dont have the strength to go through CIE again...

Reaction score
w

Thanks for the Advice man but alot of my friends doing Edexcel as level say it is easier and tbh what other options do i have , I have to complete the AS level if i want to go to med school , so i guess I will take Edexcel beacause it seems to be the better option easier and since i know the matter i will be able to pass it.

Reaction score
What subjects did you take?
I studied alot and ended up with 3b's for math physics and chem
How did you prepare
I really lost as to how i'm going to study for all of them in three months. :)
you are going to repeat? why 3 bs is good, anyway it dosent depend on how long u study it depends on how you study, and thats the key once you find the best way for you to study it would be so easy to get high grades for eg( I learn well by hearing and reading, so when the teacher is speaking i understand) everyone is different you just have to find the right way for u.