• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

AS level exams re-take + A level

Reaction score
I did my AS level exams for Biology, Chemistry and Physics in May/June 2011 from Lagos, Nigeria. Unfortunately, I got poor grades in them and I want to re-take all of them. I recently moved to Pakistan and planning on doing A-level privately in 1 year. Hence, going to give both AS and A2 exams for the 3 subjects in May/June 2012.

- I would like to know if I'd be considered a re-take student even though my centre will be changed?
- Is it going to be really hard to do both years together? Should I do it in October/November 2011?
I know that it will be less stress for me if i gave them in November. Even though I did every single past paper for the three subjects from 2003- 2010 (both sessions), I'm scared to do the exam in November 2011. i just have 1 and a half month to study. What should I do? Please advice.

Reaction score
You will be considered as a retake student.
You can give one of the exam in oct/nov and the rest in may/june.
Or you can give all of them in may. Many student do that and some manages to get exceptional results.

Reaction score
You can appear as a non-retake student given that you have a changed centre and now you will be giving all your exams again, so you can just start all over again.
I believe you should give all the papers in May/June. That's the best option for you. No need to stress yourself and put your A2 preparation in jeopardy. Best of luck with it. :)

Reaction score
ExamStress said:
I did my AS level exams for Biology, Chemistry and Physics in May/June 2011 from Lagos, Nigeria. Unfortunately, I got poor grades in them and I want to re-take all of them. I recently moved to Pakistan and planning on doing A-level privately in 1 year. Hence, going to give both AS and A2 exams for the 3 subjects in May/June 2012.

- I would like to know if I'd be considered a re-take student even though my centre will be changed?
- Is it going to be really hard to do both years together? Should I do it in October/November 2011?
I know that it will be less stress for me if i gave them in November. Even though I did every single past paper for the three subjects from 2003- 2010 (both sessions), I'm scared to do the exam in November 2011. i just have 1 and a half month to study. What should I do? Please advice.
You'll be considered as a retake student!
It's not going to be hard for you!if you're moving to pakistan,I would suggest if you can take any help from pakistani teachers so you can be guided properly!
GOOD LUCK!!!

Reaction score
Since you will be giving full A Level for all three subjects you won't be considered as a retake as it''s never mentioned anywhere on the certificate. But you yourself will know that you are retaking :D

Give all three in May / June 2012 since there is not much time left for Oct / Nov 2011 session.