• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

AS Level ECONOMICS P1 (Discussion) - M/J/2013

How was the paper?

• Total voters
Reaction score
o

ohokayy, and there was this transition question too! do market economies have stock exchanges? :/
Answer was C. Market economies have stock exchanges, but option C was correct becuase other 3 factors matched.

Reaction score
Regarding the 10% Peso question, what was the answer for the nominal exchange rate and real exchange rate?

Reaction score
Nope....study real effective exchange rate properly....
Bro i did.... i usually score highest in mcqs :p
p.s i am 101% sure that real and nominal both appreciated... i marked the right one but in the need made a messed up of it marking it B :/
what did u answer for that RPI one?

Reaction score
p.s i am 101% sure that real and nominal both appreciated... i marked the right one but in the need made a messed up of it marking it B :/
I did D

I did d .

Reaction score
How much a country's product can buy another country's product....
For example....pencil in Mexico cost 10'peso and a chewing gum in USA cost 1 $...
Now ...pencil can buy a gum in USA...
If nominal exchange rate appreciates ....to 9 peso.. It means that now 9 peso can buy 1 gum....which means less of a pencil is needed to buy a gum....

But price level fell by 10% ...it means cost of pencil is 9 peso...... So now again 1 pencil can buy only 1 chewing ......

U see real effective exchange rate is unchanged.....

Reaction score
How much a country's product can buy another country's product....
For example....pencil in Mexico cost 10'peso and a chewing gum in USA cost 1 $...
Now ...pencil can buy a gum in USA...
If nominal exchange rate appreciates ....to 9 peso.. It means that now 9 peso can buy 1 gum....which means less of a pencil is needed to buy a gum....

But price level fell by 10% ...it means cost of pencil is 9 peso...... So now again 1 pencil can buy only 1 chewing ......

U see real effective exchange rate is unchanged.....
Answer of transport cost one ?