• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

AS Level Biology; post your doubts!!

Reaction score
Could someone explain this multiple choice question to me? The correct answer is B.
At the start, each wild and goat grass have 2n=14 , so n=7 each
So their sterile hybrid will have 2n= 14
Then it says that mutation doubles the chromosome, so now the fertile hybrid has 2n=28 chromosomes

Then in the second bit this fertile hybrid reproduces with another grass with 2n=14
So this fertile hybrid n =14 and grss n =7 join to make
sterile hybrid with 2n=21

Now again a mutation occurs and the chromosomes are doubled
So the fertile hybrid now has 2n = 42 chromosomes

Hope you understood :)

Reaction score
PLEASE HELP MEEEEE!!!!
Magnification = measured length / original length.

M = measured length using ruler in metres / (5000 x 10^-9) metres

To get the exact measure length, you will have to take a print out of the actual document as it is without any size editing :p , as you can't accurately measure the size on the computer screen.

Reaction score
Magnification = measured length / original length.

M = measured length using ruler in metres / (5000 x 10^-9) metres

To get the exact measure length, you will have to take a print out of the actual document as it is without any size editing :p , as you can't accurately measure the size on the computer screen.
Umm I think if you open the original document you can measure :p because this I solved the question this morning.
PLEASE HELP MEEEEE!!!!
Check my post here :
https://www.xtremepapers.com/commun...st-your-doubts-here.9858/page-234#post-909237

Last edited: