• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

AS English Paper 1. Help Please!

Reaction score
6 days to go, have no idea how to prepare or revise. Any help would be appreciated! Please and Thank You!

Reaction score
Hey! Why don't you be specific with what help you need. I will surely oblige.

Reaction score
Well, I dont understand what they mean when they ask us to talk about the style and language of the text. What exactly do they expect to see? What specific aspects of the piece of text do they want us to analyse in detail? Generally you can receive this information from the mark scheme, but sadly that is not possible in this case. Any sort of help would be appreciated.

Jaf

Reaction score
Can someone give some hints about what, exactly, do the examiners want in the Part (a) of Paper 1, the question in which we have to comment on the style and language of the text? Any tips on what to look for and how to answer them? Also, I would be very grateful if someone could send me an example of how they answered this type of a question (like, a scan of a class exercise or, if it's a soft copy, to paste it here).

I didn't really have a teacher for this but had to take it because of some reasons and, so, I am in quite a bit of a problem and, therefore, would be very grateful for any help! :D