• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

AS chemistry Unit 2.. Ready?

Reaction score
I just need to know, how to prepare for that exam, in 6 DAYS!

If you have experience or you know how to deal with these situations, I'll be glad if you told me how to do so too!

Reaction score
Just try to solve as much past papers as you can, and mark them with the marking schemes. Then if you can find some summarized notes on the internet or something, that would be useful as well.

Reaction score
i have chemistry unit 2 on wednesday C2 maths on thursday physics unit 2 on friday :cry:

Reaction score
i have chemistry unit 2 on wednesday C2 maths on thursday physics unit 2 on friday :cry:
I have chem paper 8 on the 21st, then phys paper 8 on the 22nd, then chem paper 2 on the 23rd, and phys paper 2 on the 24th. --This is hectic.

Reaction score
Just study all the chap from the book and then do all the question papers.

Reaction score
Thank you for your advices
And about the answering questions part, I want to remind you that edexcel science AS, has a shortage in pastpapers, we only have 7 exams to do :(

Reaction score
Thank you for your advices
And about the answering questions part, I want to remind you that edexcel science AS, has a shortage in pastpapers, we only have 7 exams to do :(
U can do the old past papers......check unit 1 and unit 2 past papers. If u see any question which is der in our syllabus den do it.
Jst study 1st nd den doo all the papers. Dat will be enough :D

Reaction score
Suggest problems that boltzmann and maxwell might have had in collaborating.

Reaction score
Suggest problems that boltzmann and maxwell might have had in collaborating.
They dont really ask questions like these questions in the paper :) But because u asked i searched for it and well u can go through these sites;
see this section(its not given in detail wat problems they faced though, just sum parts)
2. The Stoßzahlansatz and the ergodic hypothesis, http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/statphys-Boltzmann/#3.1
and see this also, http://www.encyclopedia.com/topic/Ludwig_Boltzmann.aspx
U actually have to research their respective bibliographies.

Reaction score
solubility of sulfates decreases down the group 2 where as solubility of hydroxides increases down the group. why?
i have searched the net but not getting sufficient information.

Reaction score
solubility of sulfates decreases down the group 2 where as solubility of hydroxides increases down the group. why?
i have searched the net but not getting sufficient information.
solubility of sulfates (opposite for solubility of hydroxides)
the lattice energy is always negative as it is always favoured for negative gaseous ions to come together to form a solid - opposite charges attract. so, the numerical values of lattice energy would decrease as you go down a group because size of ion gets bigger, interaction of ions get weaker, so less favoured, but it increases across a period because size gets smaller and charges increase.However down a group, the bigger the size, the lesser is the interaction with the water molecule(the hydration), so the enthalpy of hydration becomes less favourable, hence less exothermic.so in overall, solubility decreases because size gets bigger down the group, lattice energy becomes less negative(more positive) and the enthalpy of hydration becomes more positive as well(because it is less favourable now for interaction with water molecule), hence if the overall enthalpy change(ie the sum of these two) is greater than zero, means you have to put in energy to dissolve them, therefore it becomes more insoluble down the group. In chemistry, exothermic reactions are more favourable, endothermic reactions are less favourable. in a sense, the enthalpy becomes more endothermic, or less exothermic down a group for dissolving so solubilities decrease.