• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

AS Chemistry Practical - Paper 34

Reaction score
i got 24.00 which i hope i similar to my examiner's value
Q3 wasn't it about organic practical?? i did alcohol test and aldehyde test i hadn't studied that in practicals but i used the theory knowledge a little

the first question was so annoying! stupid fb2!! my burrete was leaking! why meee!! so in the entire practical i had very slippery hands and tissue stuck all over.. =S
ARE WE ALLOWED TO DISCUSS THE QUESTIONS YET?? if not, i am sorry tell me to delete my post

Reaction score
Q3 wasn't it about organic practical?? i did alcohol test and aldehyde test i hadn't studied that in practicals but i used the theory knowledge a little

the first question was so annoying! stupid fb2!! my burrete was leaking! why meee!! so in the entire practical i had very slippery hands and tissue stuck all over.. =S
ARE WE ALLOWED TO DISCUSS THE QUESTIONS YET?? if not, i am sorry tell me to delete my post
You sure can now! I got 25.4! Anyways You were not the only one who got messed up Burrete. My burrete was so slow that for transfer of 20cm^3 I was drawing the table in middle of the transfer :D

Reaction score
You sure can now! I got 25.4! Anyways You were not the only one who got messed up Burrete. My burrete was so slow that for transfer of 20cm^3 I was drawing the table in middle of the transfer :D
haha that exact that same thing happened to my best friend!
i was anticipating a really tough paper because normally the mole calculation are seriously saturating!!

Q1 what was the volume??The point of intersection... i got 14 is it possible we can have similar correct answer??

Reaction score
my values for Q1 was 13 cm3
then derive via moles
for Q2 i had exact 23.5
then derive via moles
my salt order was 6,8,7,7,5,6 in that order. OH in 5, Fe in 6, Pb in 8, I- in 7, And i think Zn2+ also in 7
anion was SO42-
test was Na2CO3 for carboxylic acid, 2,4 DNPH [Dinitrophenylhydrazine] for aldehyde, and the one to give negative with both was alcohol.

Reaction score
haha that exact that same thing happened to my best friend!
i was anticipating a really tough paper because normally the mole calculation are seriously saturating!!

Q1 what was the volume??The point of intersection... i got 14 is it possible we can have similar correct answer??
Yes our examiner got 14.3 and I got 15.2! Anything between 14-16 is very much acceptable!

Reaction score
then derive via moles
for Q2 i had exact 23.5
then derive via moles
my salt order was 6,8,7,7,5,6 in that order. OH in 5, Fe in 6, Pb in 8, I- in 7, And i think Zn2+ also in 7
anion was SO42-
test was Na2CO3 for carboxylic acid, 2,4 DNPH [Dinitrophenylhydrazine] for aldehyde, and the one to give negative with both was alcohol.

HIGH FIVE FELLA!!! :D(y)

Reaction score
then derive via moles
for Q2 i had exact 23.5
then derive via moles
anion was SO42-

what concentrations did u get???? for both questions

Reaction score
dont remember exactly, but first i think was 1.88 mole, second was...0. something i dont know

Reaction score
this is the first time cie brings 3 questions in 1 paper ,
its our luck,
but gen. it was easy but long.:)
in the titr. qs. i placed fb4 rather than fb3 in the burette bcz i waz in hurry ,but alhamdulillah i recognized that quickly and washed it again.:D
this happened with me too i also realised it and washed the burette....also i added in excess of Fb2 in the burette so i just pened the tap and released fb2 into th fb1 bottle they gave...damn it...i got it changed...phew!!!

Reaction score

this hapeened with me too i asked that invigilator to bring me lots of tissues:D poor invigilator...

Reaction score

WTH!!!!!1 WERE WE SUPPOSED TO CARRY TESTS WITH ETHANOL ETHANAL AND ETHANOIC ACID OR JUST HAD TO WRITE THE REAGANTS???????????///