• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

AS Biology paper 22 May 13th 2013

How did it go?

• It was easy.

Votes: 21 25.3%
  • It was OK.

Votes: 45 54.2%
  • It was BAD.

Votes: 17 20.5%

• Total voters

Moi

Reaction score
if one writes irrevelant and then forgets to cut that part after writing the correct ans then .....will they award marks or not ?
what i know is that. if you right two things (2 points) in a sentence, the first is wrong and second is right (knowing the u have to put one point on each line for example to get three marks, so 3 points. and u decided to add another point with one of them), then theey will mark that sentence wrong, coz they usually take in the first part of that sentence, which in this case is wrong.....umm got it??

Reaction score
For those asking about writing excess:
It's perfectly fine if you write more than required, I did too.
My teacher always instructed us to write ample, but correct, information.
I remember reading an examiner report that said "The most able candidates penned in a tremendous amount of information, making sure they score full marks"

Reaction score
same here...it wasnt as long as i thought it would be, had time to revise and discover silly mistakes hahaa...but the question definitly came out of the blue, didnt expect such...and not many lessons were used...the questions that requieed thinking i hated them...last page was the easiest am i not right?
yeah last page was a piece of cake :)

Reaction score
gt will most probably be 37 +/- 2, dont worry guys if you get a B in theory you still have mcqs and practical to make up for it :D

Reaction score
what i know is that. if you right two things (2 points) in a sentence, the first is wrong and second is right (knowing the u have to put one point on each line for example to get three marks, so 3 points. and u decided to add another point with one of them), then theey will mark that sentence wrong, coz they usually take in the first part of that sentence, which in this case is wrong.....umm got it??

no i didnt get what u are saying ://

actually i didnt read the enzyme question correctly and for mode of enzyme i wrote the effect of denaturing ....but the when i read that question again i corrected my mistake and wrote the correct ans but forgot to cut the previous ans .....so will he award me the marks or not ??????

Reaction score
Maths was horrible :/
Physics wasn't that great either.
But Chemistry and Biology were, Allahamdullilah, exceptionally well.
Anyway, gt will most probably be around 40 to 43.
Not more, if not less.
Same here! Physicss was fine. Chemistry and Biology (Y)

Reaction score
GT is 40 + its confirmed very easy paper everyone in our center completed before time....=p

Moi

Reaction score
no i didnt get what u are saying ://

actually i didnt read the enzyme question correctly and for mode of enzyme i wrote the effect of denaturing ....but the when i read that question again i corrected my mistake and wrote the correct ans but forgot to cut the previous ans .....so will he award me the marks or not ??????
please dont discuss the paper. and about that...i actually did the same thing...i believe they will give us mark for writing the correct answer...as long as the extra info about enzyme denaturing is right...

Reaction score
i am not discussing the ppr ....im only saying what i have dont ......
i wrote the irrevelant info correct :(

Moi

Reaction score
i am not discussing the ppr ....im only saying what i have dont ......
i wrote the irrevelant info correct :(
me too...i think we will get the marks...chill...relax...be happy paper 2 is over....you can do better in practicals and pp1. ,whats done is done, no going back...just enjoy the rest of the day :)