• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

AS Biology P1 MCQs Preparation Thread

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score

i mean...instant help...seriously....today....every single question i posted was cleared alhumdulilah...

It isnt the case always...
though can't obv forget 'ur' help..in my 'A2' .....May Allah reward u loads for that....aameen

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
i mean...instant help...seriously....today....every single question i posted was cleared alhumdulilah...

It isnt the case always...
though can't obv forget 'ur' help..in my 'A2' .....May Allah reward u loads for that....aameen
I was kidding. :p

Reaction score
Well the net size i presume would be the size of the organisms themselves 7mm= earthworms and beetles
0.5 mm: small invertebrates
0.03mm: microorgansims

now look t the question "most important for breaking down", obviously the the ones with greatest difference 100-6=94, so this falls on 7mm wich are earthworms and beetles. :)

Reaction score
okay look imagine Tom and Jerry. (I'm assuming u know who they are) Tom is the big scavenger and the little hole in the wall (mesh) is where Jerry hides. Now Tom can't squeeze his giant head into that teeny weeny little hole now can he? So who is it that can catch Jerry? any organisms that are smaller than the diameter of the hole(7mm). Same thing with the question..only small earthworms and beetles can cause the most damage. Big things come in small packages :p
heeeellpppppp

Reaction score
okay look imagine Tom and Jerry. (I'm assuming u know who they are) Tom is the big scavenger and the little hole in the wall (mesh) is where Jerry hides. Now Tom can't squeeze his giant head into that teeny weeny little hole now can he? So who is it that can catch Jerry? any organisms that are smaller than the diameter of the hole(7mm). Same thing with the question..only small earthworms and beetles can cause the most damage. Big things come in small packages :p
looooooooooolll u made my day! and thanx:)

Reaction score
Any idea how to solve McQ 39 of oct nov 2011 variant 12
GP= NP-R, GP=Gross which is energy produced by plant and NP= energy transferred to primary consumers R= respiration, so 10000 is produced by plant okay which is gross, gross literally means energy converted to chemical energy from light so (1000000-9900000) is 10000 which is light energy absorbed so follow the equation 10000-(all energy lost by respiration) which is 10000-(5000)= 5000 so they are asking percentage of light coverted to net productivity so N.P= 5000 correct so 5000/1000000= 5x10-3 x100 = 0.5% answer is B correct me if im wrong.

Reaction score

remember in the stem the xylem is inside and the phloem outside
in the root, the xylem is inside (star shaped) and phloem outside
in the leaf the xylem is on the top and phloem on the bottom

in this question, firstly the palisade is the upper layer is fatter in C and D, so throw away A and B...
then xylem is on the top and phloem on the bottom so C