• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

AS BIOLOGY P-33

Reaction score
Yes a question involving microscope usually comes. We did not had to use the eye piece graticule or stage micrometer. Only made plan diagram. A question did come regarding graticule but it was drawn on the question paper.
wt about question involvin boxes ?

Reaction score
My examiner helped me!! saying starch is hydrolysed!. as when we react starch with the enzyme is breaks therefore starch is hydrolysed!!
for me both s1 and s2 got hydrolyzed, this might be because we could have got a mixture of enzyme containing both amylase and sucrase.
P.S i did it 3 times giving me same result each time, after both hydrolyzed, i got green color in both so I wrote both these observations. ^^ :p

Reaction score
ho

w did you do the graph plan diagram where you had to count the boxes and all .

i counted the boxes in which the whole vascular bundle fits in , i don't remember the exact value i got but i think it was around 245 boxes.
Then i counted the boxes covering only xylem i think i got that as 89 boxes.

then i found the ratio , Boxes covered by the vascular bundle : Boxes covered by the xylem.

as using my example values should be like this, 245 : 89
simplified to give 2.7 : 1
so the ratio I approximately got FOR Boxes covered by the vascular bundle : Boxes covered by the xylem was 2.7:1

Reaction score
i counted the boxes in which the whole vascular bundle fits in , i don't remember the exact value i got but i think it was around 245 boxes.
Then i counted the boxes covering only xylem i think i got that as 89 boxes.

then i found the ratio , Boxes covered by the vascular bundle : Boxes covered by the xylem.

as using my example values should be like this, 245 : 89
simplified to give 2.7 : 1
so the ratio I approximately got FOR Boxes covered by the vascular bundle : Boxes covered by the xylem was 2.7:1

well i don't think i'm somewhere near by .

Reaction score
anyone kind enough to tell me what was this "boxes" ques related to...im appearing for 32
u had to draw a plan diagram of the vascular bundle on a graph like paper by the help of measurement given from a stage micro meter then take out the ratio of vascular bundle and the xylem vessel . for that you had to count the boxes from the graph on which u drew the plan diagram .

Reaction score
u had to draw a plan diagram of the vascular bundle on a graph like paper by the help of measurement given from a stage micro meter then take out the ratio of vascular bundle and the xylem vessel . for that you had to count the boxes from the graph on which u drew the plan diagram .

alrite..thanks!