• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

AS BIOLOGY P-33

Reaction score
i cooled it with cold tap water....

anywayz am not worried anymore as many others got the same thing......i believe cie did three soloutions to get diffrent results and cheating wont occur....otherwise why would they have below test three the statment:

OR
Solution ______ does not have any of the following biological molecules starch glucose and sucrose.
well i think everyone gets the same solution until its not a different varient . maybe you had some problem in neutralising the HCL like proper ammount of alkali added or it can be something wrong with the solutin lol. who knows any ways its already gone so dont worry abt it . how the prepration for MCQ ?

Reaction score
WE
Hope we're correct. I also filled the tables the wrong way. According to our results, S1 should have been filled in the last table. I filled it in the first one. So I wrote S1 is a non-biological molecule and wrote with black pen for examiner to read. I hope I don't lose marks on that. :/
WELL your test doesnt matter much its just the way you present your data and your observations . just make your tables right and write your observations properly and make your paper look neat and clean . i think thats what matters.

Reaction score
WE

WELL your test doesnt matter much its just the way you present your data and your observations . just make your tables right and write your observations properly and make your paper look neat and clean . i think thats what matters.
and it doesnt matter what you write first s1 s2 or s3

Reaction score
WE

Ah alright. Hope we get a lenient examiner. ;)

Moi

Reaction score
Hope we're correct. I also filled the tables the wrong way. According to our results, S1 should have been filled in the last table. I filled it in the first one. So I wrote S1 is a non-biological molecule and wrote with black pen for examiner to read. I hope I don't lose marks on that. :/
InshAllah you won't ! :) may God be with us and we turn out to be right!

Moi

Reaction score
WE

hahaaa yeah! still didnt start preparing i have AICT on tuesday :/

Reaction score
i did not get sucrose either!! i did the benidect test add hcl and neautralized it and still no colour change. i repeated it twice. only me and another girl got these results!! the rest got sucrose but me and her didnt. i answered test three that S1 had non of the biological molecules.

now seeing that many people got this kind of reslult...i think its correct...cie is playing a game with us
YOU DID NOT GET SUCROSE BECAUSE, you did not neutralize the solution properly, we always need to add Na2CO3 or NaOH in EXCESS until bubbling stops...then we add the reagent and test for color....

If the neutralizing is not proper, HCl will be present and Benedict's reagent won't work in an acidic medium....

Reaction score
bro ... did any question involving microscope came?
i mean did u use eyepice/stage micrometer in exam

Yes a question involving microscope usually comes. We did not had to use the eye piece graticule or stage micrometer. Only made plan diagram. A question did come regarding graticule but it was drawn on the question paper.

Moi

Reaction score
YOU DID NOT GET SUCROSE BECAUSE, you did not neutralize the solution properly, we always need to add Na2CO3 or NaOH in EXCESS until bubbling stops...then we add the reagent and test for color....

If the neutralizing is not proper, HCl will be present and Benedict's reagent won't work in an acidic medium....
I KNOW THAT and i did add it in Excess !!!! Still no sucrose!

Reaction score
ho
Yes a question involving microscope usually comes. We did not had to use the eye piece graticule or stage micrometer. Only made plan diagram. A question did come regarding graticule but it was drawn on the question paper.
w did you do the graph plan diagram where you had to count the boxes and all .

Reaction score
Guys it appears there been a big mix up, some people had results hydrolysing sucrose, some had results hydrolysing starch :s

Mine personally, was hydrolysis of S1, and it couldnt be wrong because i did it like 3 times >_< wth!

And only one biological molecule could be present with each test-tube, but it could be repeated. e.g s1 and s2 both glucose, s3 starch, etc, but never more then 1 molecule in each. :(

What do we do now about the mix-up? I really don't think my teacher is going to pay any attention to my request -_-
My examiner helped me!! saying starch is hydrolysed!. as when we react starch with the enzyme is breaks therefore starch is hydrolysed!!