• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

AS BIOLOGY P-33

Reaction score
Right!

Another confusion if you'd be kind enought to help is with the biuret test! (w/NaOH)
-We add 2cm3 test sol. To a test tube
-1cm3 NaOH
-AND add CuSo4 and i read "drop by drop"
How much of CuSo4??

2 to 4 drops should do it.But do confirm it.
Its highly unlikely that we get these two reagents instead of the usual biurit solution.

Reaction score
Right!

Another confusion if you'd be kind enought to help is with the biuret test! (w/NaOH)
-We add 2cm3 test sol. To a test tube
-1cm3 NaOH
-AND add CuSo4 and i read "drop by drop"
How much of CuSo4??
Our teacher told us that NaOH and CuSO4 should have the same volume, so if you add 1 cm3 NaOH, also add 1 cm3 CuSO4.

Reaction score
yup see i get this part. but they have asked to make up a total volume of 20 for each conc but when you transfer it from one beaker to the other wouldnt the volume decrease by 10?
Add water to remaining volume to keep the volumes constant.

Reaction score
Guys can someone help me with the calculations of the microscopes!!!
well , microscope calculation is easy ... just find out for how many divisions of the eye piece graticule , 100 units of stage micrometer coincide for and then to find the value of 1 div of lens scale is (1 mm)/(no of divisions in the piece graticule ,100 divisons of stage micrometer coincide with ... ) ....... good luck

Reaction score
Xylem cambium and then phloem and the fibres are surrounding the whole vascular bundle
In plan diagram shuld we show the cambuim ifwe dont will.marks be deducted cus itsquitehard to see the cambium in lm
i found this with me..cambium is more clear...
if u r reely scared...pleez do mark it...dont regret afterwards

Reaction score
damn i missed the post where the questions were given... exam starts in 2 hours! hope the gods of biology is on my side
if anyone is free, can you help me in this topic??! CELL MEMBRANES & TRANSPORT • investigate the effects on plant cells of immersion in solutions of different water potential;

Reaction score
damn i missed the post where the questions were given... exam starts in 2 hours! hope the gods of biology is on my side
if anyone is free, can you help me in this topic??! CELL MEMBRANES & TRANSPORT • investigate the effects on plant cells of immersion in solutions of different water potential;
Tests of reducing, non-reducing sugars, protein test, starch test. Other than that monocot stem slide may be given. It could be a dicot too. Not sure. Just revise these, water potential won't come hopefully in P33.

Reaction score
Tests of reducing, non-reducing sugars, protein test, starch test. Other than that monocot stem slide may be given. It could be a dicot too. Not sure. Just revise these, water potential won't come hopefully in P33.
thaNK YOU! hmm so hopefully nuclear division, immunity and gaseous exchange won't be coming? because animal cells are like needles in my eye

Reaction score
thank you

Reaction score
are yousure aboutit?

Reaction score
thaNK YOU! hmm so hopefully nuclear division, immunity and gaseous exchange won't be coming? because animal cells are like needles in my eye

are yousure aboutit?

Please remember these are guesses. They are right most of the time. I went through the thread and people said this was coming. I myself am studying these tests only. Someone else gave the guess. You really should go through the thread. Page 5 and onwards. Best of luck and please don't blame me. I'm just a fellow student trying to help. :p