• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

AS AICT or COMPUTER STUDIES people please!

Reaction score
Hey guys i was just wondering how difficult is AICT? i studied computer studies in my olevels and im giving my AS exams now. i didnt take Aict or Computer Studies. Instead i took chemistry. which is blowing my brains. :/
Im thinking about switching to either of the 2 subjects because i plan on going in computers later on. i was wondering how difficult are they? i mean i want to give As for whichever of the 2 subs i choose in Oct/Nov session and then finally give A2 in next may/june session. Please guide me is this possible? i dont want to waste a year. :/
im asking are either of the 2 subjects easy enough that i can prepare for it and give As in oct/nov and A2 in next mayjune along with my physics and maths. :/
Help guysss

Reaction score
ICT is doable, theory answering technique are the same as physics, chemistry

Reaction score
Computing is much easier for me than Chemistry....but it depends on the student :)

Reaction score
Computing is much easier for me than Chemistry....but it depends on the student :)
ICT is doable, theory answering technique are the same as physics, chemistry
Ahaan.. Im into computers and stuff.. in my olevels i found C.S really easy.. do you think i can pull this off? give C.S AS inoct/nov and this the A2 next year along with my other subjects? :/

Reaction score
Yea you can but you'll have to work everyday and stick to a strict time table

Reaction score
Ahaan.. Im into computers and stuff.. in my olevels i found C.S really easy.. do you think i can pull this off? give C.S AS inoct/nov and this the A2 next year along with my other subjects? :/
Computing should be really easy for u provided that u are interested in computers and that u had computer studies at olevels.......i am giving my computing AS this june and i find it as one of the lightest subjects......However keep in mind that u cant do computing privately as u need to submit ur A2 projects through skul.......Further,AICT is classified as a soft subject while computing is not so u should sorta get more credit for doing computing..........And one last thing......Dropping Chem might make it difficult for u to get into Pakistani Universities as u cant get an equivalence if u dont have phy chem and math at a-level..................:)

Reaction score
Yeah you will...Don't Worry :)
Study as much as you can :)
Good Luck to you!

Reaction score
Yeah you will...Don't Worry :)
Study as much as you can :)
Good Luck to you!
T
Computing should be really easy for u provided that u are interested in computers and that u had computer studies at olevels.......i am giving my computing AS this june and i find it as one of the lightest subjects......However keep in mind that u cant do computing privately as u need to submit ur A2 projects through skul.......Further,AICT is classified as a soft subject while computing is not so u should sorta get more credit for doing computing..........And one last thing......Dropping Chem might make it difficult for u to get into Pakistani Universities as u cant get an equivalence if u dont have phy chem and math at a-level..................:)
Thanks for the support guys.. Really thanks. :)
Are u saying that AICT is easier than computing?
and can i give AICT privately?

Reaction score
You should better ask one teacher who teaches both! Contact Sir Navid and he'll guide you!
Here everyone has different opinion and you'll get confuse after each reply! so better ask only one!

Reaction score
You should better ask one teacher who teaches both! Contact Sir Navid and he'll guide you!
Here everyone has different opinion and you'll get confuse after each reply! so better ask only one!
Who is sir naveed? :p
sorry im new to this forum. :/

Reaction score
T

Thanks for the support guys.. Really thanks. :)
Are u saying that AICT is easier than computing?
and can i give AICT privately?
Yeah thats how universities see it........Computing is classified as an intermediate while AICT is classified as a soft subjecr......And you can give AICT privately.....:)
Are u a private candidate....????

Reaction score
Yeah thats how universities see it........Computing is classified as an intermediate while AICT is classified as a soft subjecr......And you can give AICT privately.....:)
Are u a private candidate....????
Yes im a private candidate. :/ appearing through a school has its benefits i see it now.:/