• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

ART and DESIGN - as an additional subject?

Should I take Art and Design?

• Total voters
Reaction score
I am appearing in Summer 2015, and my school asks whether I wish to take Art as an additional subject. Now, I have been good at the Art we had in middle school and my art skills are nice (not extra ordinary/v good though). I am willing to take it since I like drawing. I wanted to know everything about taking it. The credit for it? What grades do students get? Will it matter if I get a B or something if Art is just an extra subject? Is it too hard/time consuming? How is it like?

Anyone who has experience in giving a CIE in any Art subject, or knows about my queries, please reply! I have to finalize my decision by the 14th. Thankyou

Reaction score
When you take additional subjects, you should take only those which interest you or may help you in your career later on. If you are genuinely interested, then you should take Arts but only if it does not burden you. Remember, compulsories are the most important. If you plan to study in Pakistan, your compulsories are all that matter. Morever, later on you might decide to take up other subjects aswell since you will be giving your papers in 2015. Hence your load might increase. You must also realize, however, that you can also take the subject later on aswell. Though your school wants you to make the decision now, it's upto you to take as many extra subjects as you want and to give their paper when you want. Please consider all these factors before making a decision.