• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

are A levels really that difficult?

Reaction score
So, I just got my AS level grades this August. I've got surprisingly good grades. But the only thing is I got a B in Physics @ 78 marks on the provisional results paper. I know my exact score because my test centre is in China and they did send us the uniform marks. So .. I missed an a with 2 marks. The head of my high school is recommending me to re-take physics. So that I may work less hard for the next year, if I get good marks this november. But in my opinion, instead of wasting 2 months on AS levels with extra stress, I might just as well work harder for AS physics and get and extra 2 marks so that I may get an overall A. so what do u say? is A level physics really that impossible, or should I go for it?

Reaction score
Dude the decision is upon you. If you are quite sure that you can get A in re-exam then go for it. Getting A will also help you during you University selection but if you are not sure then B in physics is not a bad grade. If you are sure to get A (probably I think you will get A if you put a bit more effort than the previous one) in re-exam then I would recommend you to go for it.

Reaction score
I believe you should just get along and work harder for the A2 components of the Physics exam and make sure that you do well in that and hopefully you'll get an overall A.

Reaction score
@elbeyon

But many medical schools in UK don't accept re-takes.... so I'm going for a do-or-die physics A levels¬

Reaction score
If you're thinking of doing medical in the UK, I think it's a pretty bad idea. Medical is nothing in the UK, I think you should go for USA; we've the best medical universities there.
About your B grade, I believe you should work hard in A2 and score good in it. If you still want to go to the UK then you should do the same. They need a minimum B. :)