• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Applying for Uni....

How many AS are you taking?

Votes: 2 7.4%

Votes: 1 3.7%

Votes: 8 29.6%

Votes: 8 29.6%

Votes: 3 11.1%

• more!

Votes: 1 3.7%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Heyy,
im taking 5 AS levels and im the only one in the school doing it :S
just wondering if its a bad idea or if the extra ucas points will help me at all for getting into universities in the UK
Also, is anyone else taking 5? (feeling forever alone...)
In addition, i was wondering, as im too young to go to uni straight after school im gonna take a gap year - is it better to apply at the normal time or when i finish my A2? or both - if i dont get where i want to go in the first application??
Thankyou guyss! xxx

Reaction score
No worries in taking 5 subjects, If u keep the potential to qualify in all with good grades then dont loose hope dont think u r the one or u doing wrong and dont even get over confident. Best of luck.

Reaction score
No worries in taking 5 subjects, If u keep the potential to qualify in all with good grades then dont loose hope dont think u r the one or u doing wrong and dont even get over confident. Best of luck.
Tu city north se parh ker kia A* marega pehlay khud to parh le phr dosro ko bolio .. sherton mein tafri kerty ho phr yaha akar shokhiaa martee ho .. baeee awaamii hoo tum to :p

Reaction score
Heyy,
im taking 5 AS levels and im the only one in the school doing it :S
just wondering if its a bad idea or if the extra ucas points will help me at all for getting into universities in the UK
Also, is anyone else taking 5? (feeling forever alone...)
In addition, i was wondering, as im too young to go to uni straight after school im gonna take a gap year - is it better to apply at the normal time or when i finish my A2? or both - if i dont get where i want to go in the first application??
Thankyou guyss! xxx
which field/profession do you want to apply in? medicine?

which country?

how much total cost can you bear for a single year?

Reaction score
which field/profession do you want to apply in? medicine?

which country?

how much total cost can you bear for a single year?
Still dont have a clue which feild - probably something to do with economics or politics, but still maybe advertising or graphic design or something like that.
I am now in Egypt but i wanna go to the UK
and cost - as much as i need to have a good university ill pay (it's worth it)

Reaction score
Still dont have a clue which feild - probably something to do with economics or politics, but still maybe advertising or graphic design or something like that.
I am now in Egypt but i wanna go to the UK
and cost - as much as i need to have a good university ill pay (it's worth it)
I am taking:
AS Art
AS ICT
AS Mathematics
AS English Literature
AS Economics
(just to verify) :)

Reaction score
you should apply to London school of economics in acturial sciences (if they dont need further math for that)
maybe UCL

But you should consider paying 10 to 20 thousand pounds even with some scholarship. Financial aid is hard to go by

What are your Olevel grades?

You would neeed to aim for all A in AS level to have a good chance

have good teacher recommendations and essays.

Do apply to US and Canada as well along with HKU and NUS

Reaction score
dont i need to have taken SAT exams for US and Canada? cause i didnt.. :/
and i got 2A* 2A and 4B but i didnt revise too well so hope ill get better now.... plus all A? dont think soo... but its a possibility i hope isA

Reaction score
Only US and NUS (singapore) need SAT

Canada needs alevel maths for almost any course

Well, apply and hope for the best. Although I am not that confident of a scholarship or financial aid. If you can pay $15-20,000 per year then maybe yes, you have a chance of getting an admission in a good university. I would not say the very best but good ones at least

But with 4A in olevels, money becomes an important factor. What are your internal school grades in alevels if you dont mind?

Reaction score
an A 3Bs and C but i didnt revise for them at all. guess ill just hope for the best and the money wont be a problem i don't think (not to sound rude or anything)

Reaction score
well you need to give a serious cold hard look at your grades and where you went wrong!

Reaction score
you should apply to London school of economics in acturial sciences (if they dont need further math for that)
maybe UCL

But you should consider paying 10 to 20 thousand pounds even with some scholarship. Financial aid is hard to go by

What are your Olevel grades?

You would neeed to aim for all A in AS level to have a good chance

have good teacher recommendations and essays.

Do apply to US and Canada as well along with HKU and NUS
Do you have any idea about the O level grades required to be a competitive applicant to LSE?

Reaction score
I am taking:
AS Art
AS ICT
AS Mathematics
AS English Literature
AS Economics
(just to verify) :)

If you want to go towards Economics or politics, why not take Sociology or Law instead of Arts? Don't see any real importance of arts. You could paint or etc in your own personal time, if your really so enthusiastic about it.

Reaction score
it is better to consult a counsellor and the university's website about the subject choice. Some universities state the requirements

Reaction score
Do you have any idea about the O level grades required to be a competitive applicant to LSE?
Atlseast 4-5 A* and the rest to be As..i got in with 4a*s and 6As at olevel and 4As at AS level..grades do not matter to lse as much as the personal statement.. It has to be perfect ifu want a chance to get in..