• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Applying for Equivalence

Reaction score
Can we apply on the basis of provisional certificate or do we have to wait for the original certificate with the seal?

Reaction score
The statement of result (Purple one) can be used to appl for equivalency.

Reaction score
hamidali391 said:

No sorry that's not true, they will need your original certificate since they need to stamp it.

Reaction score
Probably! I just deduced it from the fact that IBCC protested the printing of percentages on the Statement of Result last year. If they don't use it then why protest against it. :S

Reaction score
So true, first things first, they should fix their website which has had broken links since I can remember.

Reaction score
fatso306 said:
Can we apply on the basis of provisional certificate or do we have to wait for the original certificate with the seal?
MAVtKnmJ said:
hamidali391 said:

No sorry that's not true, they will need your original certificate since they need to stamp it.
statement of result can be used for equivalency coz original certificate is issued after a month or so. statement of result is valid for equivalency for 6 months. AFTER THAT original certificate is mandatory. But befor that, statement of result will do the job for you

Reaction score
fatso306 said:
well u need to get ur equivalence based on provisional cert first cuz u need to apply into uni's !!!!!!!!
but later on ull have to get the same thing using ur original certificate

Reaction score
That's not how I got my equivalence certificate, I had to submit my original certificate as per their requirement since they didn't care about the Statement of Result.

It does not take a month to get the certificate, I got a reply from British Council that they have already dispatched the Statement of Results and the Certificates and everyone should get it by 19 August.
Check in with your school to get yours.

Reaction score
I have just confirmed from IBCC that you CAN'T get an equivalence based on the Provisional Result / Statement of Result and that the original certificate is required.