• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Applied ict 9713 paper2 (post your doubts here)

Reaction score
Hey sherry how was your exam I hope it went all well :) btw was it easy?
It wasn't the hardest paper. It went well~!

Hi,
Can someone help me with Oct/Nov 2012, step 15. I just cant figure out how to count it, when I use the count expression it just counts them without the filters they asked to use.
Oh that one? Make the query and do all the filter there. Then, make a crosstab query out of that query you made before. Choose branchname for the row thingie. Then choose whatever. Then choose jobcode and choose the function count. After the crosstab query is made, don't forget to change the name of the total thingie into an appropriate/suitable name. When you make the report, only choose branchname and that total thingie field.
Hehehehe does that make sense? I don't know, but that's my way of doing any Count function. ^w^ Best of luck!

Reaction score
It wasn't the hardest paper. It went well~!

Oh that one? Make the query and do all the filter there. Then, make a crosstab query out of that query you made before. Choose branchname for the row thingie. Then choose whatever. Then choose jobcode and choose the function count. After the crosstab query is made, don't forget to change the name of the total thingie into an appropriate/suitable name. When you make the report, only choose branchname and that total thingie field.
Hehehehe does that make sense? I don't know, but that's my way of doing any Count function. ^w^ Best of luck!
whats the essay question about?

Reaction score
hmm so essay about networks and that but was there anything that is different to the previous past papers like anything tricky or should look out for with the queries formulas and stuff?

Reaction score
Hey,
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/...unication Technology (9713)/9713_w12_qp_2.pdf
Question 9, can anyone tell me the validation rule ? i'm confused !

Yea that one still intrigues me.

Even the one which they have set in the Marking scheme isn't totally valid.

I mean

"Workers who are paid monthly can earn between €1500 and €10000 a month (inclusive).
Workers who are paid hourly are paid between €8 and €20 an hour (inclusive). Add
appropriate validation"

The statement becomes

If PayType = M than RateOfPay is Between 1500 and 10000
OR
If PayType = H than RateOfPay is Between 8 and 20.

But since I guess that will become a little too complicated .. The answer for this question as far as i remember was.

(Between 8 And 20) OR (Between 1500 and 10000)

But imo this won't be a good check though .. since this way one can easily enter 1500euros for hourly or 20euro for monthly.

Reaction score
Sorry, pal. I don't think I can do that, but I sure will tell, in one way or another, what will come. But, of course, I'm not going to be so obvious about it just so it'd be a little be closer to 'fair'. I'll just give some hints, that's if I can remember.
You can get hold of my email if in case you want it 'private'ly: [email protected]

Oh, thank you, Abrar! My preparation? I don't know. I think I'll need to be able to read the questions properly and not skip any important, valuable informations. The rest, I'll leave it to fate. :D My exams in approximately 1 and a half hour.

Heyy Sherry! Good Luk in yourr paper :)
Email me
[email protected]