• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Applied ICT 9713- May/June 2012 Series

Reaction score
done with my ict theory paper 1 exam ....There waz regardin compuer medicated communication,frm system analysis dere waz only design dere waz bout encrytion but it waz shoppin dere waz ethical security aswell dere waz bout all da working patterns and dere waz bout bluetooth and optical mark reader dere wasnt anythin bout payroll.....i hope dis wud help u!!!dere waz 2 qus regardin microprocessor and it waz regarding da surgery part and da process control which iz batch,continous and discrete process control and surgery part dere waz design part frm system analysis chapter and dere were da uses advantages and disadvantages of bluetooth and advantages and disadvantages of online bankin and shopping and printing part aswell...!!!concentrate more on chapter 2 and 3 and revise all the working patterns

Reactions: lmi
Reaction score
done with my ict theory paper 1 exam ....There waz regardin compuer medicated communication,frm system analysis dere waz only design dere waz bout encrytion but it waz shoppin dere waz ethical security aswell dere waz bout all da working patterns and dere waz bout bluetooth and optical mark reader dere wasnt anythin bout payroll.....i hope dis wud help u!!!dere waz 2 qus regardin microprocessor and it waz regarding da surgery part and da process control which iz batch,continous and discrete process control and surgery part dere waz design part frm system analysis chapter and dere were da uses advantages and disadvantages of bluetooth and advantages and disadvantages of online bankin and shopping and printing part aswell...!!!concentrate more on chapter 2 and 3 and revise all the working patterns

OMG what's wrong with your english. Did you really write like that in the paper? ... Did not understand a single thing you said please rephrase yourself and help others thankyou

Reaction score
did u give paper 12 or 11 ?

Reaction score
i mean the which varient ...there are 2 varients which one was ur s?
I have done quite a lot of theory papers and turns out both the variants give out the same questions. I did not notice any difference between them so the chances are we are having the same paper as s tahir had but it can not be ignored that you cannot rely on your predictions so i suggest we should be well prepared anyways and just use this information as a side help.

lmi

Reaction score
I have done quite a lot of theory papers and turns out both the variants give out the same questions. I did not notice any difference between them so the chances are we are having the same paper as s tahir had but it can not be ignored that you cannot rely on your predictions so i suggest we should be well prepared anyways and just use this information as a side help.
There were two different papers last years, but 3 zones. 2 zones has the same paper....

Reaction score
Data Protection Act 1988

The data protection act was introduced in 1988. It was passed by parliament and was introduced to give legal rights to people who have information stored about them. Computers are used to store information in databases about many people. For example, if you were a member of a video hire shop, a database would be used to store information such as your name and address. Some organisations are linked to the Internet. This allows the information in a database to be shared between organisations. However, although this does have some benefits, misuse of personal information could occur, or someone who is not supposed to view it could see the information. Concerns arose about who was able to get hold of people’s information and whether they were using it without consent from that person. The data protection law 1988 was passed to make sure that people’s personal information was not being used without their permission and consent. It also set down rules about how the information should be used.

The Data Protection Act 1998 covers:

- Information or data
- stored on a computer or an organised paper filing system
- about living people.

The data protection act does not disallow organisations to store information on people, but it sent down rules about how the information should and should not be used.

There are two different types of data that can be stored on people. The first of these is personal data, this data is about the persons life e.g. Name, address etc. The second type of data is ‘sensitive’ personal data. This is also about the person, but goes into more depth and maybe more personal things e.g. political opinions, race, religion and criminal activity. The data protection law says that a person must be asked if their ‘sensitive’ personal data can be kept.

Now, if any organisation or company wish to hold personal information about a person, then they must be registered with the Data Protection Registrar's office where they have to state the purpose for the information usage and a fee has to be paid. The data protection act 1988 contains eight basic principles:
  • Data must be kept secure.
  • Data stored must be relevant.
  • Data stored must be kept no longer than necessary.
  • Data stored must be kept accurate and up to date.
  • Data must be obtained and processed lawfully.
  • Data must be obtained and specified for lawful purposes.
  • Data must be processed within the data subject's rights.
  • Data must not be transferred to countries that do not have suitable data protection laws.
An organisation or person that stores personal information is called a data controller. A data subject is the person of which the personal information is stored. There are only two exceptions to these data protection laws. One of these is that any data held for national security e.g. MI5 don’t have to follow the rules. Also, any information stored for personal domestic usage also does not have to pass through the laws.

Reaction score
A
Do u remember Anything else. thanks btw for the info so far.

Reaction score
Guys, does anyone taking A/AS Level exam for Applied ICT 9713 this coming series?
If you do, we can share. If you have doubts, I might help you...
well dude im giving AS aict exam and my p1 exam is 2mrw
n yeh no doubts :)
i hope my exam goes gr8 :) !!!

Reaction score
Did you mean computer mediated communication as in CMC in education ?

Reaction score
It cannot be possible that he has done his exam ! Everyone has it on 9th which is tommorw.. it is in the time table of the cambridge. There was a thread created by him where he was telling wrong info about the paper 1 it had been blocked by the moderator.. it didnt get blocked because he was telling about the paper like going againt the rules.. like your not suppose to talk about the paper after you have done, it was blocked because it was all a lie.. spreading false info. He has been doing this since the AICT practicals. I dont know why hes not telling the truth, i wonder why he wants people to believe him. For the practicals he created a thread that the paper has been changed where as there was only 1 varient of the paper. Please do not trust any of his information. Thanks :)