• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

anyone taking the new english language exam?

Reaction score
do u guys know if its okay just to take AS english language? i mean only paper 1 and 2.
Depends on the uni you want to go to... If its for English Language requirement then AS is okay... But if you want to study language / linguistics/ literature then a full A level would be preferred. I'm just doing it because you can never be too good at English. It's needed everywhere in life. :)

Reaction score
http://www.amazon.com/English-Language-Cambridge-International-Level/dp/0198300123

This is the 2014-syllabus based CIE endorsed book for English Language 9093. With only days left, can someone please please try their hand at finding a pdf version of this?

CIE only published this last march. But its our last hope. It purportedly covers the syllabus in full.

Lets not fall victim to the bystander effect, if someone can buy it and then share it please please do so. If someone can find any online readable version of this, also really badly needed :( Just try and see if its possible, ok?

EDIT: Fixed link. Really sorry about that.
I have a pdf version of this and it's completely useless.

Reaction score
There is a new english book, came out a couple of weeks ago. It covers everything, from Paper 1 to Paper 4. I would scan it, but I'm already far behind in my general revision, so I don't have much time.

Yeah, David Crystal isn't even one of the theorists you should know.

Reaction score

Yes, sorry, I linked the david crystal book by mistake. My bad. Just a mix-up of copy-pasting. I fixed it in a later post.

This book: http://www.amazon.com/English-Language-Cambridge-International-Level/dp/0198300123

is what I meant.

There is a new english book, came out a couple of weeks ago. It covers everything, from Paper 1 to Paper 4. I would scan it, but I'm already far behind in my general revision, so I don't have much time.

Yes. I'm betting the book I linked in the FIXED link(or the one in this post) is what you're referring to. When I emailed CIE about the syllabus they said this book is what you should use to prepare. Its also the only CIE endorsed material in their support list for English language 9093 on their website. And came out about a month before the exam, so I'm not really having luck at bookstores.

If you can upload just the parts for Paper 3 and Paper 4 bro, that would be great. It won't take more than half an hour at a scanner. Pleasee.

Reaction score
In section A I did the 2 300-450 word passages about a contrasting description of a quiet peaceful place, and later on it turns into a popular resort.
For section B, it was the last one about a sports/leisure center.
do u have any idea how they will treat argumentative essays? i did the one about media but i dont know how it turned out..

Reaction score
IIRC that question was about two different viewpoints and should've included persuasive and argumentative features.