• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Anyone done History IGCSE paper 1 ?!?!?!

Reaction score
I did , surprised they didn't give anything on the fall of communism and the Gorbachev changes

hahah that is true, i had done that all properly :/ but nothing can beat Treaty of Versailles and Hitlers foreign policy .. the questions were pretty straight forward!

Reaction score
hahah that is true, i had done that all properly :/ but nothing can beat Treaty of Versailles and Hitlers foreign policy .. the questions were pretty straight forward!
to be honest they were kinda straightforward , although i had some trouble in that foreign affairs question though.

Reaction score
i just did the variant two paper. Anyone done variant on or two? HOw was it?
SUSHI!! finally found you!, why did you quit facebook? anyway i did the variant 12 paper too. I did questioin 5, 6 and 9. The only tricky bit was the question about spanish civil war. i didn't expect that to come up. Otherwise it was quite easy, on hitlers carefull planning and if the tofV was fair or not.....What about you?

Reaction score
SUSHI!! finally found you!, why did you quit facebook? anyway i did the variant 12 paper too. I did questioin 5, 6 and 9. The only tricky bit was the question about spanish civil war. i didn't expect that to come up. Otherwise it was quite easy, on hitlers carefull planning and if the tofV was fair or not.....What about you?
I did question 5,6 and 10.
The spanish civil war question sucked...i think i got like 3 or 4...treaty of versailles i think i got like 17 or 18 and the depth study i think i got 15 or 16...not my best history paper but probably just about an A

Reaction score
is anyone doing the league of nations source paper? i can't find any past papers for that one on the league of nations... anyone have any idea where i can find one?

Reaction score
I did question 5,6 and 10.
The spanish civil war question sucked...i think i got like 3 or 4...treaty of versailles i think i got like 17 or 18 and the depth study i think i got 15 or 16...not my best history paper but probably just about an A
I think i got around 16 at the t of v, around 13 at the spanish one and 16/17 at germany depth study....But did you know that in the precedent years, for an a* on that paper you needed more than 44-45/60? a* is still achievable if we do well on the other papers. And which subjects are you expecting an a*? for me, maybe history, french, english lit and sciences ( the teacher is amazing).

Reaction score
is anyone doing the league of nations source paper? i can't find any past papers for that one on the league of nations... anyone have any idea where i can find one?
i think its the first league of nations source paper, so no past paper.... :'(

Reaction score
don't think pastpapers will help , just try practising analysing cartoons and finding AS MUCH EXTRA info you can

Reaction score
Hey guyz any idea on how to prepare for paper 2 .
the topic is on the league of nations right ?!

Reaction score
I know all the information of the league of nations but on the paper 2 there are a lot of mark for analysis so i wanted to see how mark schemes awarded the marks... maybe other GCSE boards have league of nations papers.

Reaction score
to be honest it was BROVOSKY!!!!!!! PHEW the paper was lovely hoping for an A* but pp2 killed lil bit

Reaction score
If anyone did Russia depth study the question on the Tsar really odd, the seven mark and eight mark were practically the same just a couple of adjustments. For those of you who don't do it, what did you write for the Hitler 8 mark question ? I was lucky i had prepared it since it came in 2002
Yeap do you know the answer for it? I wrote stuff about Hitlers Men Kampf and how he planned to take over and get to power , I also wrote that he was an opportunist and took the next logical move when he was represented the opportunity to do it , I also wrote that appeasement helped him and he was a gambler , is it correct?