• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Anyone attending Applied ICT for AS level on 28th may 2013?

Reaction score
Lol and the problem is that we have no idea when do we answer with a REAL ANSWER or STUPID ANWWER!!
Yeah this happens a lot
you attempt to answer in a stupid manner while the answer is actually a real one :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Moi

Moi

Reaction score
guys do we need to know how the Air conditioning system works??

Moi

Reaction score
thx! another question...can someone explain what is EWT(embedded web technology) ? simple explinataion of what i need to know abt it?

Reaction score
thx! another question...can someone explain what is EWT(embedded web technology) ? simple explinataion of what i need to know abt it?

well its basically using the internet to control your devices from a distance provided that they are embedded with a microprocessor. u cud use pda, mobile phone etc....

Reaction score
how much are you guys expecting to get out of 80? im hoping to get 60+ hopefully

Reaction score
you mean lower??? coz the harder the exams gets...the lower the score can be to get an A.
that's what i meant
oct 2011 was a bit easier than june 2011 so it had a higher gt(46 & 36 respectively)
generally you need to get 50 marks to be in a safe position and to avoid being on the edge

Reaction score
By the way did EWT come in any test before
cuz i don't remember solving a question about it

Reaction score
9 ) Business, product and service advertisements.
i) Product advertisements are to make you buy the product. FritoLay may be the company behind Cheetos, but what do YOU care about FritoLay? You just want your Cheetos, and they know this :p
ii) Business advertisements are to remind you of the business, and if you are interested enough, find out their entire line. Think of insurance advertisements -- most of them tell you about their policies, but a few tell you about the name of their company. (In my region, I've come to remember quite a few: LIC, Star union dai-ichi, etc. even though I do not care about them. That's advertising for you :p)​
iii) Service advertisements are like business advertisements, albeit a bit different. Services are classified as anything people may use, like "water", or "electricity", or "education", etcetera.​
i) Most government service advertisements may just spend *enough* money to make people know of their existence.​
ii) A few private company service advertising agencies may spend more to make their name known throughout. Especially colleges and a few businesses.​

I just have one question
about business advertisements i think the example you gave a wrong example
because in business advertisements the name of the company is advertised surely to give it a better reputation
e.g when "Sony" advertises its name as a whole (not a specific product or service)
i think your example is a bit closer to service advertising
btw i love these notes, thanks

Reaction score
I just have one question
about business advertisements i think the example you gave a wrong example
because in business advertisements the name of the company is advertised surely to give it a better reputation
e.g when "Sony" advertises its name as a whole (not a specific product or service)
i think your example is a bit closer to service advertising
btw i love these notes, thanks
Thanks a lot! I've updated the original post :)

By the way did EWT come in any test before
cuz i don't remember solving a question about it
As far as I know, embedded web technology hasn't appeared in the papers before, although it could be used in things like washing machines, air conditioners and so on if a question asks for the uses of EWT.