• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Any TIPS For ENGLISH Guys..?!

Reaction score
Seriously, i don't know what to revise. Gone through patterns and stuff alot of time.
Now what?

Reaction score
what exactly is in the revision guide ? i never read it :/
it is such a helpful book. English seems easier nd u get sum support if u practice from that book.
most importantly its for Cambridge students so every format is correct and there r no confusions left .

Reaction score
any thing can come.....but mostly they are letters and reports
account came in nov 11 so i dunt think it will b cmng this tym. i m very unsure about leaflets...i never saw them in past papers

Reaction score
i am so confused....i don't know what should i do now.......please everyone do pray for me ....i am not good at this subject :'(

Reaction score
can anyone post format for report and article from revision guide?

Reaction score
For report, guide book says that start wid Respected Principal or watever the question has said, giving ur name and date at the end. Subject shud also b written
nd article's format only includes a heading and your name at the end.

Reaction score
oh my bad. i just checked my revision guide nd reports r even not discussed there. but i thought k its there nd so i told u the report format that i no

Reaction score
oh my bad. i just checked my revision guide nd reports r even not discussed there. but i thought k its there nd so i told u the report format that i no
what about article?
For report, guide book says that start wid Respected Principal or watever the question has said, giving ur name and date at the end. Subject shud also b written
nd article's format only includes a heading and your name at the end.
thankuu

Reaction score
for report
To:
Date:
Subject:

Yours faithfully
(Signature)
Name (if asked)

However if they give a name for the person who you are writing to know then instead of 'faithfully' write 'sincerely'

Reaction score
article is very simple. u hv to do nothing. just put ur name nd date at the end. same goes for newspaper article but in that u hv to include the heading as i already told u in previous post :)

Reaction score
for report
To:
Date:
Subject:

Yours faithfully
(Signature)
Name (if asked)

However if they give a name for the person who you are writing to know then instead of 'faithfully' write 'sincerely'
do v hv to write urs faithfully at the end? i never heard dat for a report. r u sure?

Reaction score
if v r addressing the report to the Principal then after writing this To, From, Subject and Date, do v hv to write respected Sir?

Reaction score
for report
To:
Date:
Subject:

Yours faithfully
(Signature)
Name (if asked)

The format is correct till the subject. You don't write yours faithfully etc. at the end of the report.

Reaction score
What if the question says to start with "Dear sir or madam" or smthing like that... Do you still write the "From, Date and Subject" thingy?