• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Any suggestions about doing A-levels in 1 year??

Reaction score
you have to prepare for aptitude tests too, in case you want to apply in Pakistan universities because they are based on Fs.c syllabus too...
so , with A level in one year , it becomes almost impossible to do so until the exams are over. I got experience in this as I had to give Chemistry and Physics of both AS and A2 combined, although not in one year.
I'm not complaining. I got admission in university, Alhamdulillah.
Just keep that in mind too...

Reaction score
Well, I just did my A-levels privately. Though it wasn't easy, it is a possibility( not much to say since I don't have the results yet:p) I can guide you a little on how it works.
I had Economics, Accounting, Mathematics and General. Classes general start in between july and sept.You might think I'm a fool for having taken General but it was a passion...:)Classes general start in between july and sept. AS level accounting is easier than O levels. AS eco is one step ahead. AS math is an easier version for add math. However , the trouble is with A2 solely. All of A2 is difficult. I will give you the details of teachers I had
Sir Dolan Rodrigues: Maths
Sir Ahmed Saya: accounting
Sir Munawar Ghazi: eco
All brilliant teachers. You can hit me back with questions anytime you like. Good luck! :)
quote="Hammad Ahmed, post: 328342, member: 21250"]Hi guys..;) I am new out here and have decided to do my A-levels in 1 year. (Don't tell me that it's hard) I need your suggestion about when do I have to start studying for it?? And the procedures I have to go through... I would also appreciate any suggestions regarding the choosing of subjects. :)[/quote]

Reaction score
Hi guys.. I am thinking of giving all the papers of maths in may/june session
What are your suggestions?
Mustehssun Iqbal as long as I've investigated, Urdu has no weightage. Were u sure abt ur statement?
hellcat I took computer studies in o-levels. What help do u need?
kabir kabir kabir wht sbjects do u hav in A-levels?

Reaction score
Mareeha, I wud like to know the reason behind u not taking Maths coaching from Sir Ahmed Saya? I mean I've heard of him as a good and a well known maths teacher but I never heard of Sir Dolan Rodrigues, is he a popular and a good teacher? Now the most imp qs, did u gave all of the math paper's components in a single session? I also want to know the steps we have to go throw fr registering as a private candidate :)

Reaction score
Mareeha, I wud like to know the reason behind u not taking Maths coaching from Sir Ahmed Saya? I mean I've heard of him as a good and a well known maths teacher but I never heard of Sir Dolan Rodrigues, is he a popular and a good teacher? Now the most imp qs, did u gave all of the math paper's components in a single session? I also want to know the steps we have to go throw fr registering as a private candidate :)
I have heard of sir Dolan that he's a good teacher , teaches at PAF Chapter if I remember right...
Sir Haroon is also a very good Maths teacher.

Reaction score
I talked to him today. He seems cooperative :)
yes he's quite known for giving more attention to students than other teachers, but I've only heard! I heard he gives loads of homework and checks the questions, I mean who does that kind of thing in A level these days?? :eek: very few teachers do!
I heard he's the best when I studied.
But I studied from Sir Haroon. He teaches at Aura. He too is very cooperative, teaches students individually, and I'm telling because I was a complete mediocre in Maths and he got me up . Even I got a C in AS( mainly because my brain did it's wonders in Mechanics :( , and p1 went good ), it's still an achievement for me, because I was really nuts when it came to Maths :p
Do you want his phone no.?? Seeing as you're looking for teachers, or you already decided??

Reaction score
yes he's quite known for giving more attention to students than other teachers, but I've only heard! I heard he gives loads of homework and checks the questions, I mean who does that kind of thing in A level these days?? :eek: very few teachers do!
I heard he's the best when I studied.
But I studied from Sir Haroon. He teaches at Aura. He too is very cooperative, teaches students individually, and I'm telling because I was a complete mediocre in Maths and he got me up . Even I got a C in AS( mainly because my brain did it's wonders in Mechanics :( , and p1 went good ), it's still an achievement for me, because I was really nuts when it came to Maths :p
Do you want his phone no.?? Seeing as you're looking for teachers, or you already decided??
I also talked to him yesterday and I think Sir Ahmed Saya is better than him. And yeah, he gives a lot of homework and puts check on it and that is to our own favour, isn't it? well I think I would be able to take the correct decission only after my O-level result.

Reaction score
I also talked to him yesterday and I think Sir Ahmed Saya is better than him. And yeah, he gives a lot of homework and puts check on it and that is to our own favour, isn't it? well I think I would be able to take the correct decission only after my O-level result.
sure it is!

Reaction score
Well, I just did my A-levels privately. Though it wasn't easy, it is a possibility( not much to say since I don't have the results yet:p) I can guide you a little on how it works.
I had Economics, Accounting, Mathematics and General. Classes general start in between july and sept.You might think I'm a fool for having taken General but it was a passion...:)Classes general start in between july and sept. AS level accounting is easier than O levels. AS eco is one step ahead. AS math is an easier version for add math. However , the trouble is with A2 solely. All of A2 is difficult. I will give you the details of teachers I had
Sir Dolan Rodrigues: Maths
Sir Ahmed Saya: accounting
Sir Munawar Ghazi: eco
All brilliant teachers. You can hit me back with questions anytime you like. Good luck! :)
quote="Hammad Ahmed, post: 328342, member: 21250"]Hi guys..;) I am new out here and have decided to do my A-levels in 1 year. (Don't tell me that it's hard) I need your suggestion about when do I have to start studying for it?? And the procedures I have to go through... I would also appreciate any suggestions regarding the choosing of subjects. :)
[/quote]
Mareeha I need the no. of Sir Dolan Rodrigues. Can u give it?

Reaction score
Guys.. I've finally changed my mind :unsure: I'm not going for private,:p I've decided to do A levels in two years from school.(y)
What schools would you suggest? I'm applying for nixor and cordoba. I've to check for lyceum too. Any more suggestions?