• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Am i the only one with unsatisfied A level GCE results?

Reaction score
Really looks bad for me somehow, i gave it all i could and was expecting at least As or Bs in Physics
I gave 4 units: Maths C1 & C2, Physics Unit 1 & 2. Maths was suppose to be a bliss
:eek:
But i got instead was this :-
Maths C1: C
Maths C2: D
Physics Unit 1: E
Physics Unit 2: U

I wasn't the only one, am hearing Edexcel has done some bad markings and students are asking for rechecks so far. My friends got Ds and Es as well :oops:
I can't even look at my moms and brothers face anymore :confused:

Reaction score
same here, I got a C in C1 and an E in M1, I was expecting a B in M1 and an E in C1 lol -_-

Reaction score
Should a recheck suffice ? do i have a limited time here?

Also i wanna know the main difference between Rechecking and Remarking. In here its really expensive, i don't know why its just is more than paying for doing one Unit of subjects.

Reaction score
I suggest you go through the physics or maths papers and check the marking scheme. If you remember your answers you can compare them with the ones in the marking scheme. If still you realize that your answers were correct you can request remarking and even get your marked papers. For remarking check this website for more information: http://www.edexcel.com/iwantto/Pages/re-marking.aspx

Reaction score
I suggest you go through the physics or maths papers and check the marking scheme. If you remember your answers you can compare them with the ones in the marking scheme. If still you realize that your answers were correct you can request remarking and even get your marked papers. For remarking check this website for more information: http://www.edexcel.com/iwantto/Pages/re-marking.aspx

I actually checked Physics Unit 1 Mark Scheme and Question Papers before and only thought i was suppose to lose 21 marks from 80 RAW. Will do the same for Unit 2 later
But heres the thing i have to pay like 6100TK for Remarking per Unit.:cry:

Reaction score
noo ur not the only one who is unsatisfied with what you got ..
saba1996 yess mee too .. i was too shocked >.<
i was expecting atleast B's in u1 and u2 bio
and ended up with D's :/
i dunno shud i repeat or no ? or just focus on A2 ?

Reaction score
Thanks to this now am repeating for June and of course giving C3, D1 with them as well.

Edit - Am only repeating the same Units again my bro is saying to give A2 next may 2014o_O

Reaction score
Btw, there wont be a January session starting from jan 2014.
Ofqual announcements i read it, somehow my parents wanted me to finish my A2 at May, i was angry but now i see why :( But although its only official for UK, i live in elsewhere so i don't think anything else is changed yet.

Reaction score
Ofqual announcements i read it, somehow my parents wanted me to finish my A2 at May, i was angry but now i see why :( But although its only official for UK, i live in elsewhere so i don't think anything else is changed yet.
edexcel GCE is international so if it's official for UK its official for all of us