• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Am I taking too many subjects?

Reaction score
I was wondering if taking Phyiscs A Level, Maths A2 and Biology AS would affect my concentration and therefore grades. Please tell me what you guys think and your experiences and such. Like what is the maximum number of subjects you took and what were your grades. Thanks :)

Reaction score
i dont think so . i have seen people taking like 4 subjects and aceing all of them . i depends on how well u can balance ur study time in between them , and how much interest you have in your subjects and how good u are at them . if two of them are good for you and if you dont do well at one subject only , im guessing you should be fine with them .

Reaction score
It's simple Maths.

If you take more subjects, you just have to work proportionately more.

Reaction score
I don't think so... I've taken Maths AS/A2, Chemistry AS/A2, Physics AS/A2, Biology AS and General Paper. I know thousands of others with this specific combination in one session...and hundreds of others who took it and got 3A* and 2A's. :shock: :eek: Ur not alone chill! But you have to dedicate hours of study every single day...meaning you have to replace any day you didn't study(maybe due to family events, sickness, vacation etc) and probably have to multitask. I know I do when I watch TV and read chemistry at the same time-I can't miss my fav soap operas & cartoons! + wat do u fnk those commercials are there for :Yahoo!: or those times when flashbacks are being relayed. The producers just want to lengthen the episodes for their profit but then, I also know how to better manage my time 8)
So cheers :friends: studies dont have to be hellish.

Reaction score
nope its standard build imo..people take more..just try it out cant handle then later on you can drop

Reaction score
Maths, Physics and Biology? That's three subjects, which the minimum number of subjects one must take for A'level as far as I know. Not too many at all!

Reaction score
Thanks all :3... And abcde, I live in Egypt, you can go to university with 1 A Level only! And I wasn't talking about the minimum subjects I'm just wondering if taking those 3 Subjects in one June Session would be tough :\

Reaction score
waleedsmz said:
Thanks all :3... And abcde, I live in Egypt, you can go to university with 1 A Level only! And I wasn't talking about the minimum subjects I'm just wondering if taking those 3 Subjects in one June Session would be tough :\

how much did u score in the subjects u already took and it depends if what university u want to get in ?

Reaction score
It won't be tough, hopefully! 3 is the minimum number of subjects in our part of the world, and so acing 3 subjects is a regularity for Pakistani students.

Reaction score
sagystu said:
waleedsmz said:

how much did u score in the subjects u already took and it depends if what university u want to get in ?

I have 7 A* in OLevels and 1 A in Maths AS

Reaction score
Considering your O'level grades, you can definitely do it! =)

Reaction score
It won't be tough if you practice and prepare yourself for the papers well. Just follow the general guides for preparing for the papers (do topical past papers as you are studying chapters, don't study in bulk, if in doubt get help from your teacher, etc.). I only have 3 subjects too (I dropped one because I found it useless) and I think I can manage them just fine. :)

And yeah, your O-level grades are great. If you maintain the same effort I highly doubt it will be an issue for you. :)

Reaction score
Thanks for the support gus. Q.Q

I never though I could get so many replies in one day! Q.Q

Reaction score
You're welcome! When I first read the thread title, I thought u were taking 10+ subjects in one session. We just try to help as much as we can on XPF, that's what I've learnt abt this forum so long. Any prob, you can always PM me(accademic problems ofcourse!).

Reaction score
No it won't as long as your concentration remains mostly on study. Just focus and hard work. simple but effective advice :)

Reaction score
and yeah dont be like study...study...study
THere is a very interesting incident that happened at our school
a boy got around 4A*'s went to an American uni but they rejected him because they said "you only studied all two years....you have no co-curricular certificate"
but a guy got 4 A's and got a 150% scholarship
:D