• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Alternative to Coursework - COMPUTER STUDIES

Reaction score
Any one who has given the paper?
Is it better than doing the practical (project) and what grades did you get?

need help, urgently...
Thanks

Reaction score

need help, urgently...
Thanks
I'll recommend ATC, cuz I'm doing it too. Project is of course better in a sense that you develop a thorough understanding of computing concepts. But unfortunately, CIE is discouraging projects because of increase in plagiarism. Therefore, they are awarding low marks for it, even for the immaculate ones. (I'm speaking based on experience of last year's students)
So better go for the ATC, you can acquire very high marks easily, believe me!:D It's all about the System Analysis and Design and only the flowchart part is a bit problematic.:(

Reaction score
I'll recommend ATC, cuz I'm doing it too. Project is of course better in a sense that you develop a thorough understanding of computing concepts. But unfortunately, CIE is discouraging projects because of increase in plagiarism. Therefore, they are awarding low marks for it, even for the immaculate ones. (I'm speaking based on experience of last year's students)
So better go for the ATC, you can acquire very high marks easily, believe me!:D It's all about the System Analysis and Design and only the flowchart part is a bit problematic.:(
Oh okay, but we have done around 40 % of the project dwo, would it be wise to switch to ATC?
And I attempted 2 ATC past papers and I could easily do most of it, not the flow chart and other questions but around 60 % without any difficulty... so What do you think I should do...
Confused as hell and I have other major subjects too and Computer is an extra so spending that much time on a project is a stupid thing to do, right?

Reaction score
Oh okay, but we have done around 40 % of the project dwo, would it be wise to switch to ATC?
And I attempted 2 ATC past papers and I could easily do most of it, not the flow chart and other questions but around 60 % without any difficulty... so What do you think I should do...
Confused as hell and I have other major subjects too and Computer is an extra so spending that much time on a project is a stupid thing to do, right?
Yeah right, your regular subjects are much much more important than the extra subjects. So I'd definitely recommend to abandon the project and switch over to ATC in this situation!:)

Reaction score
Galaxy I gave ATC this MJ 12 ... Alhamdulillah I scored an A* :)

well I would suggest you to go for ATC
because the project work is quite lengthy, dry, time consuming and needs extra guidance + effort
so instead of giving much time to it and neglecting other subjects, it's better to go for ATC ...
and yeah be cautious in MJ11, Nov11 the paper was quite same with repeated questions
but if you solve our paper, it was quite tricky and difficult and easy at the same time... this session, Computer Studies paper was the most interesting and trick one. They are now making it more and more conceptual

if you're giving ATC then you must understand each and everything, no ROTE learning, it's not gonna help... yeah you have to remember the adv and disadvs and write them in accordance to the given scenario
you must go through some sample project to see what the whole procedure is
then learn all the points from the BOOKLET ... Analysis, documentation.. everything
read the syllabus too, to see if you've missed anything
do read your course book for better grasp...
and finally do papers from 2011-2012 ... and when paper is in front of you. don't panic that this question is new, what should I do
use common sense and general knowledge as now in Computer Studies they are now concentrating more on application of knowledge and common sense rather than crammed answers ..

if you have further queries you can ask me, through convo

Reaction score

need help, urgently...
Thanks
oops
Sorry I totally forgot to send u the notes on ATC btw Please PM Me As soon as Possible.

Reaction score
Reaction score
any one who knows the scenario for Computer Studies 7010 ALTERNATIVE TO COURSE WORK for examination in June 2013????
please reply