• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

All those who have given a levels or are about too please help!!!!

Reaction score
Hi I just started As and it is harddddd lool everyone's been scaring me and I havent started studying for it at tall :( I just can't study lol I find it too boring but now I'm worried that if I start late will I do bad I have three scions and I want A* is it too late if I start in November .....
Please give me tips on how u managed to do practicals and stfff will really appreciate thanks

Reaction score
I think you should cut yourself from the outside world and start studying RIGHT NOW! Seriously, A levels are not a walk in the park like IGCSEs and they need a lot of concentration and study hours, especially if you want A*. I'm not saying that it is impossible, no, it is not, but you have to work and study hard, as A*s don't come easy.

Reaction score
What grades did you get in O Levels / iGCSE? Just curious, you know.

I just can't study lol I find it too boring

My dad taught me this awesome method that he learned in his Medical College. There are two components of studying, concentration & comprehension. The thing most of us lack is concentration. You have to improve both separately. Firstly, do what I did and take a text-book (I used my A Level Physics book, anyways). Now sit in a quiet room and make a goal. For example, I will read (just read, mind. It isn't necessary to understand at this stage) 5 chapters in this sitting. Now, DO NOT BUDGE from your place till you have read them. Don't go for breaks, don't even go for drinking water. Keep increasing the pages, till you are able to read at least 80-120 pages in one sitting (I hear in Agha Khan Uni, you have to read about 1000 pages per day for a decent GPA, anyways...). Do this for a few days and trust me, studying won't be a problem anymore.

Please give me tips on how u managed to do practicals and stfff will really appreciate thanks

Don't worry about practicals at this stage. It is better to do them somewhere in February and March. It usually takes only about one month to do the practicals.

I want A*

Unlike O Levels, there is no A* in AS and A Level. The highest grade is an A.

Hi I just started As and it is harddddd lool everyone's been scaring me

I too have started AS, and for me too, it is harddddd. I am taking Bio, Physics, Chemistry and Math. But be happy, you're still in a better situation than me. I am currently studying for TWO different examination systems. Firstly A Levels privately, secondly the Omani GED system at school. In addition to that I am learning Arabic, which I need to know for GED. Being an Urdu speaker, it is pretty hard learning an entirely new language and taking exams in that language. Also, I am giving SAT-1 this year in January and SAT-II Subject Tests in Chemistry, Bio, Physics and Math-2C next year. Keep Hope Alive and Good Luck. :)