• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Alevel Further Maths

Reaction score
Hey Guys

So here's the deal.

I want to study The subject at home.

Can you give me some sites or free ebooks for self study?

Thanks

Reaction score
really man its truly hard this sub although im in O levels i know it is hard,i know a guy who took this sub privately and failed miserably the thing is that u have to focus on this sub like give it attention and dont think its easy just because u get through some topics !!
u have to be really super math person to do this so are u goin to take some tutions or tutoring or u doin ur self simply !!

anyways i think this site might help u .
http://www.khanacademy.org/

i dont any other !!

Reaction score
hi there "toxicdevil"

I had encountered similar conditions as u. Actually,I had been thinking abt studyin' further maths @ A level when i was in O levels, solely cos ov ma intense passion 4 maths. That was the reason i studied O lvl Add Maths privately (cos ma skewl wasn't offerin' it), which earned me plenty of xperience of self-study, though i didn't give the Cambrige exam, bt i culd solve any past-paper question of Add Maths. My maths was good (alhamd) which was the reason i got an A* (@ 97 mrkx) in O level Maths (alhamd) which encouraged me a lot. After receiving the rxlts, i became determined to study fM @ A lvl.

Bt my school wasn't offering fM. So i decided to do it privately lyk i did Add Maths @ O lvl, despite being brain-washed by the ppl all around me esp on xpf that it's impossible to do it that way; nevertheless, i found out that i culd do it (alhamd), though with a lill xtra, more regular effort compared to other subjects esp in terms of practice lyk solving past-papers.

Anyways, to b honest, the fact that u shud have a perfect background in maths is very true, as i found, and u shud b a hard-worker i.e. nt quitting when confronted with a difficult question etc. If dat's the case wid yew, den u CAN do it 4 sure.

P.S. Now, i have given my AS exams (Phy, Chem, Maths) and m aw8in' the rxlts. And i have completed all topics of fM paper 1 with pp's (except the topic "Linear Algebra"), and will start studying fM paper 2 soon (Inshallah). If u decide to study fM too, then P.M. me, i'll send u all torrent links abt fM buks (lyk edexcel further maths textbooks FP1, FP2, FP2; AQA-MFP2-TEXTBOOK & many more...!)

Hope that helps... :)

Reaction score
usman said:
hi there "toxicdevil"

I had encountered similar conditions as u. Actually,I had been thinking abt studyin' further maths @ A level when i was in O levels, solely cos ov ma intense passion 4 maths. That was the reason i studied O lvl Add Maths privately (cos ma skewl wasn't offerin' it), which earned me plenty of xperience of self-study, though i didn't give the Cambrige exam, bt i culd solve any past-paper question of Add Maths. My maths was good (alhamd) which was the reason i got an A* (@ 97 mrkx) in O level Maths (alhamd) which encouraged me a lot. After receiving the rxlts, i became determined to study fM @ A lvl.

Bt my school wasn't offering fM. So i decided to do it privately lyk i did Add Maths @ O lvl, despite being brain-washed by the ppl all around me esp on xpf that it's impossible to do it that way; nevertheless, i found out that i culd do it (alhamd), though with a lill xtra, more regular effort compared to other subjects esp in terms of practice lyk solving past-papers.

Anyways, to b honest, the fact that u shud have a perfect background in maths is very true, as i found, and u shud b a hard-worker i.e. nt quitting when confronted with a difficult question etc. If dat's the case wid yew, den u CAN do it 4 sure.

P.S. Now, i have given my AS exams (Phy, Chem, Maths) and m aw8in' the rxlts. And i have completed all topics of fM paper 1 with pp's (except the topic "Linear Algebra"), and will start studying fM paper 2 soon (Inshallah). If u decide to study fM too, then P.M. me, i'll send u all torrent links abt fM buks (lyk edexcel further maths textbooks FP1, FP2, FP2; AQA-MFP2-TEXTBOOK & many more...!)

No one is brain washing you on XPF !! we all give advice here and as a matter of Fact Allah Made you good at Maths but everyone has different level of understand and if u look at the result statistic than u can clearly see that an average person who takes Further Maths lands up on low grades !! :) it is a good thing u got such a great result !! may Allah make u more successful in the future !!

Reaction score
Pardon me 4 using the term "brain-washing" rather than "advise."

@ Salman:- Thanks a lot bRo 4 congratulating me & wishin' me luck in the future....!! May Allah also help u in ur studies...!!

Reaction score
usman said:
Pardon me 4 using the term "brain-washing" rather than "advise."

@ Salman:- Thanks a lot bRo 4 congratulating me & wishin' me luck in the future....!! May Allah also help u in ur studies...!!
No problem brother and thank you !! :)

Reaction score
hi there "toxicdevil"

Hey can you pm me those links, I'm just finishing my last year of A levels and didnt study FM at a level but I done AS FM on my own last year and got a A. I want todo FP2 and FP3 before going to study maths at uni, any links to the textbooks would be great! Thanks