• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

AICT or Computer Sciences ???

Should I choose AICT or Computer Sciences for A-Levels?

• Total voters
Reaction score
Which subject from these 2 should I choose for A-Levels? Please specify and explain your choice guys.

If you're from a Engineering Background / Have Maths and are good at it .. Go for Computer Science that's the most suited! It's more engineering oriented.. Subject suitable if you want to pursue it at University level it's most suitable, most of your Uni (first few semesters) course will get covered here... Choose This Especially if you want to pursue programming..

If you're from a Business Background Choose AICT.. basically AICT only teaches you how to use a computer right.. How to use computer/IT in different applications.. Like using Microsoft Office to do certain tasks and stuff.. This subject is more for Business students and those who don't know computer well..

I would suggest going for Computer Science.. since it will help you in your future if you want to pursue this field in any manner. Also most applied subjects are blacklisted by Universities.. some only prefer AICT as a fourth subject while some don't even consider it!

Reaction score
Which subject from these 2 should I choose for A-Levels? Please specify and explain your choice guys.
i think you should choose computing over AICT cause AICT is considered a half credit subject within Pakistan and some university dont even consider it abroad. Computing meanwhile has more value and since the the whole subject is being rewamped especially for the batch of 2016 the subject wil gain in poppularity