• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

AICT applied ict help needed..!!!

Reaction score
Please help me in AICT Paper Oct/Nov winter 2008 Step 15 and 22,23.Highlighted below
AICT help needed.JPG

Thanks in advance
Your reply will be appreciated:)

Reaction score
Please help me in AICT Paper Oct/Nov winter 2008 Step 15 and 22,23.Highlighted below
View attachment 50868

Thanks in advance
Your reply will be appreciated:)

For question 15, in the report design view or layout view, click on the group and sort ribbon on the top, then select what you wish to group by, click on the small arrow.

There will be an option to include group footer or not include one. Change that to include group footer. Then click on totals, and select sum for the field Pay.

If none of that made sense, go to layout view. Right click on the pay field, look for " Total Pay ", and then select sum. This will show the total sum in each group footer.

For question 22, from all the records where the branch code is >1 and <6, Make another query. In the query wizard, select qualifcation and pay. Then click on summary query, click on count records and then click on avg for pay. Check if that works and let me know.

Then right click on the query in the left pane, export it to excel. Here select all the data, make a line graph. The graph will look off, but you can change that. Right click on the points that are sitting on bottom axis, and select secondary axis. They'll now appear on the right.

Hope any of this helped..

Reaction score
For question 15, in the report design view or layout view, click on the group and sort ribbon on the top, then select what you wish to group by, click on the small arrow.

There will be an option to include group footer or not include one. Change that to include group footer. Then click on totals, and select sum for the field Pay.

If none of that made sense, go to layout view. Right click on the pay field, look for " Total Pay ", and then select sum. This will show the total sum in each group footer.

For question 22, from all the records where the branch code is >1 and <6, Make another query. In the query wizard, select qualifcation and pay. Then click on summary query, click on count records and then click on avg for pay. Check if that works and let me know.

Then right click on the query in the left pane, export it to excel. Here select all the data, make a line graph. The graph will look off, but you can change that. Right click on the points that are sitting on bottom axis, and select secondary axis. They'll now appear on the right.

Reaction score

Why is it a line graph and not a bar chart though?

Reaction score
Why is it a line graph and not a bar chart though?
For this very instance, I believe since we're dealing with values on 3 axes, that a line graph would be fit for purpose. Ideally when you're dealing with values on 2 axes, a bar chart would seem more viable.

Oh and on that note, I need to tell you something regarding your doubt with the report header.
DONT PUT IT IN THE PAGE HEADER. SORRY ABOUT THAT.

You're going to want to add a label to the report header. You can add it above the field names and it will show up on all pages.

Reaction score
For this very instance, I believe since we're dealing with values on 3 axes, that a line graph would be fit for purpose. Ideally when you're dealing with values on 2 axes, a bar chart would seem more viable.

Oh and on that note, I need to tell you something regarding your doubt with the report header.
DONT PUT IT IN THE PAGE HEADER. SORRY ABOUT THAT.

You're going to want to add a label to the report header. You can add it above the field names and it will show up on all pages.

But sometimes in past exams they use a bar chart with three axis. I really just wing it and see which one looks more suitable.

Well on a happier note, I discussed it with my teacher and we've settled on just putting it in the report header.
Just so you know, even if I put it in the report header, it won't show on all the pages. It would only show on the first page hence being called 'report header'.

Reaction score
But sometimes in past exams they use a bar chart with three axis. I really just wing it and see which one looks more suitable.

Well on a happier note, I discussed it with my teacher and we've settled on just putting it in the report header.
Just so you know, even if I put it in the report header, it won't show on all the pages. It would only show on the first page hence being called 'report header'.

Well I just attempted a paper earlier today and it only showed up on all my printouts after adding it to a label that I placed just above the field names. Not the one with the text unbound stuff...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well I just did my exam earlier today and it only showed up on all my printouts after adding it to a label that I placed just above the field names. Not the one with the text unbound stuff...

I never use the text unbound thing with the candidate details. Also, if you placed it right above the field names wouldn't that mean that its in the page header?
Btw, was the exam relatively easy or hard?