• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

AICE Diploma. Help and suggestions

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am gonna be doing AICE diploma in may june 2013. My current subjects are physics,business,economics,accelerated maths, urdu(half credit), and am stuck at chosing another subject. I dont want to take any other sciences cuz' it's too late. I was thinking about thinking skills and psychology. Which one would you prefer in which I can easily get an A.
Also, what's the benefit of doing this diploma.
Need urgent help!!!

Reaction score
Thinking Skills.
Would it be easy? Also, I just got to know that cuz of acc. maths i would have 2 credits, that means 5.5 credits. Can you prefer me a half credit subject which I could take? Thanks, :D

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
AS-Thinking skills is half-credit. Yes, it'd be easy. Easier than psychology, at least.

Reaction score
Hello!
I suggest that you do not choose subjects based on their level of ease. What's the point of doing something that's easy? That said, thinking skills is great subject, but you should definitely make your choice based on your interest. :) Taking economics and business together has little point; the two subjects cover the same material in places and reduce your overall credits.

Reaction score
Hello!
I suggest that you do not choose subjects based on their level of ease. What's the point of doing something that's easy? That said, thinking skills is great subject, but you should definitely make your choice based on your interest. :) Taking economics and business together has little point; the two subjects cover the same material in places and reduce your overall credits.
Hello!
Do economics and business make 2 credits or 1.5 in AS' level?

Reaction score
Hi everyone :)
Im thinking of going for the AICE Diploma Inn Sha Allah.
Im currently awaiting my result for O' Levels.
Is it possible to appear for Urdu at AS Level ?
Pleeeaassssee do let me know.
May Allah grant us all success (Ameen)

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Hi everyone :)
Im thinking of going for the AICE Diploma Inn Sha Allah.
Im currently awaiting my result for O' Levels.
Is it possible to appear for Urdu at AS Level ?
Pleeeaassssee do let me know.
May Allah grant us all success (Ameen)
Yes, of course.

Reaction score
Yes, of course.
Thank you so much for your reply :)
The Urdu Syllabus says a staged assessment is not allowed and candidates have to appear at A Level which is the second year. So how can I appear for Urdu at AS Level i.e the first year? Please do let me know.

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Thank you so much for your reply :)
The Urdu Syllabus says a staged assessment is not allowed and candidates have to appear at A Level which is the second year. So how can I appear for Urdu at AS Level i.e the first year? Please do let me know.
Because there is a separate Urdu subject for AS level (8686) and a separate one for A-level (9676).

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Just one more thing. Can you please recommend a good book for AS Urdu please.
Thank you.
I don't know of any particular book but if your Urdu is fairly good, you should be able to do it by reading any good book that has comprehension passages and some essays in it.
If I appear for AS 8686, can I then appear for 9676 in A Level?
Would that count as one A Level credit?
No, that's not possible. But if you choose to go for 9676, you are also required to take the AS Urdu papers (same as those of 8686).