• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Advice Please - Going Private

Reaction score
Assalam O alaikum,

So i need a sincere advice. The thing is that I got my AS result and I got A-Maths(AS), A-Psychology(AS), B-Physics(AS) and B-Chem(AS). so i have AABB. my expectations were atleast 3 A's but when i saw this :shock: . Because of this my school BSS-Gulshan denied scholarship - they have a 100% scholarship policy for A2 on 3 A's in AS and i had a 100% scholarship last year cox of my 7 A's in my O-levels. now for the first time i have planned to go private. I've thought of taking coachings from well known teachers, to practice past papers with my topics and to read the syllabus thoroughly. Firstly i would need advice on how to apply privately for A2. secondly, please name some excellent books that i can self study. Thirdly, the university i am aiming for is, i hope, to be in england and i'd be doing aeronautical engineering so would going private affect my admission in a uni? fourthly, is there any chance of taking my B's to A*'s next year.

I'd appreciate any help. Thank you very much in advance. :good:

Reaction score
registration form:
http://www.britishcouncil.org/cie_regis ... 11_new.pdf

Mathematics:
Advanced Level Mathematics (P1, P3, M1 and S1 separately)
by Quadling, Douglas

Psychology:
A Level Psychology Through Diagrams
by Hill, G

Physics:
Advanced Physics
by Duncan, T

Chemistry:
AS Level and A Level Chemistry
by Ratcliff, B, Eccles, H, Raffan, J, Nicholson, J, Johnson, D & Newman, J

The only problem you will have going private is that you won't be able to certify your grades from your school. You better talk to your school first that will they certify your private grades?

you can covert B to A* but it will require a lot, i mean A LOT, of hard work and mind usage. Although it is difficult, yet possible.

Reaction score
"The only problem you will have going private is that you won't be able to certify your grades from your school. You better talk to your school first that will they certify your private grades?"

I am sorry but i dont quite get what you mean by certify ? i am leaving my school and going private, wouldn't my original CIE result sheet be enough a proof that i did go through the torcher of A levels ?

Reaction score
Nope. When applying to any university you need to have a school stamp on your certificate photocopies.

Reaction score
Dude this is the form for oct/nov 2011 while i'd be giving my A2's in May/June 2012. Don't they have a form for that ?

Reaction score
Are you absolutely sure you want to appear as a private candidate? You'd be better off going through with your school, so please give this more thought. Is the cancellation of your 100% scholarship the only reason you are considering going private?

Reaction score
please tell me which universities out of the following accept private candidates for admission:-
Lums
GC
Quiad Azam University (Islamabad)
Fast
NCA

Reaction score
Every university will accept private candidate but they will ask you to attest the photocopies of the certificate. If your school agrees to attest the certificates then you are good to go. Some university might also accept the attestation of certificate's photocopies via grade 18 or above officers (usually government) but that you need to check on their websites.

Reaction score
crystallinescar said:
Are you absolutely sure you want to appear as a private candidate? You'd be better off going through with your school, so please give this more thought. Is the cancellation of your 100% scholarship the only reason you are considering going private?

Well kinda yes. and the second main reason is that my school teachers suck :( seriously speaking i m not satisfied with them so taking school + coachings would be financial suicide ! therefore i have planned to go private. Your thoughts ?

Reaction score
aDhsin 001. Bro my case is exactly like yours. I have done A1 in Kims Lahore. But teachers are very incompetent, so I am also seriously thinking about doing A2 privately , studying in teachers academy Lahore. But i have to study in Pak, so many universities accept private candidates, Apart form one which is on my priority list ''LSE'.
I also wanted to know any set backs of doing A2 privately. I hope my school can attest the certificates, if that will be an issue later.........'

Reaction score
You won't have any problem in getting an admission into LSE. So just be relaxed about it. If the attestation problem occurs, you can attest your result copis by the IBCC after giving a nominal fee.

Reaction score
Thanks a lot Bro, And do you know about the following universities that weather they take private candidates or not?
Nust
Fast
NCA