• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Advice needed for AS & A Level Biology

Reaction score
So I'm about to begin my second June session and I was thinking of taking Linear Biology (AS & A2 in the same session). I need advice on whether its doable or not and any input from someone who did it before would be a great help.

Reaction score
So I'm about to begin my second June session and I was thinking of taking Linear Biology (AS & A2 in the same session). I need advice on whether its doable or not and any input from someone who did it before would be a great help.
Do you have any subjects along side with it?
Well, as you know the Biology A level grade threshold is pretty high compared to other subjects like chemistry and physics. So as long as you are taking it itself then its totally okay and not that tough, taking in consideration that AS and A2 are a lil bit connected, so when you do them at the same time it makes it easier than dividing them in 2 sessions.
Tell me more about your abilities and I would like to help you!
Best of luck!!

Reaction score
Do you have any subjects along side with it?
Well, as you know the Biology A level grade threshold is pretty high compared to other subjects like chemistry and physics. So as long as you are taking it itself then its totally okay and not that tough, taking in consideration that AS and A2 are a lil bit connected, so when you do them at the same time it makes it easier than dividing them in 2 sessions.
Tell me more about your abilities and I would like to help you!
Best of luck!!

If I were to take AS and A2 Biology in the same session, I wouldn't take any subjects along with them in order to lend them my full concentration. I am an intelligent student and can understand concepts and ideas fairly easily, but i'm a little worried about them being connected part. I was also confused about how they are graded together, is it different from taking them in different sessions?

Reaction score
If I were to take AS and A2 Biology in the same session, I wouldn't take any subjects along with them in order to lend them my full concentration. I am an intelligent student and can understand concepts and ideas fairly easily, but i'm a little worried about them being connected part. I was also confused about how they are graded together, is it different from taking them in different sessions?
Yeah thats totally true, you ought to do Biology full A level totally by itself.
So I can feel that you are probably working to get the A* in Biology. Don't be worried about that, you will automatically understand the connection part of that as soon as you proceed with it. AS portion is fairly simple and easy, A2 is more like pure BIOLOGY which is boring, but its totally okay.
No no no, not at all! The same marking way, if you do AS before and then A2 in another session they will add them up and give you the average which is then converted to grades, the same thing happens when you do them in the same session.

Reaction score
Yeah thats totally true, you ought to do Biology full A level totally by itself.
So I can feel that you are probably working to get the A* in Biology. Don't be worried about that, you will automatically understand the connection part of that as soon as you proceed with it. AS portion is fairly simple and easy, A2 is more like pure BIOLOGY which is boring, but its totally okay.
No no no, not at all! The same marking way, if you do AS before and then A2 in another session they will add them up and give you the average which is then converted to grades, the same thing happens when you do them in the same session.

Well thank you for your help, If I have another enquiry i'll be sure to ask you.