• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Advice about further studies!

Reaction score
in UET the Entry Test is held on last Sunday of August every year.

An applicant for admission to any of the course offered
by the University must fulfill the following requirements:
a) He should have obtained at least 60% marks in F.Sc/ ICS/ DAE/B.Sc/ B.Tech(Pass) Examination excluding Sports and Hafiz-e-
Quran marks.
b) He should have appeared in the entry test arranged by this
University for that particular Academic Session in which he seeks
admission.
c) He should have at least 60% adjusted admission marks determined
as per clause 3 of the prospectus
d) He should be a bonafide resident of the area from where he seeks
admission
e) He should meet standards of physique and eye sight laid down in
the medical certificate. (Form II)

H.S.S.C (Pre-Engg.) or equivalent including
Sports and Hafiz-e-Quran marks 70%
Entry Test marks 30%

Documents to be submitted by applicants (attested photocopies)
a) Degree, Diploma or Certificate of all the examinations on the basis
of which admission is sought (i.e. S.S.C. or equivalent, F.Sc. or
equivalent, B.Sc., Diploma of Associate Engineer or B.Tech. (Pass)
b) Detailed Marks Certificates
c) Domicile Certificate
d) Entry Test Marks Certificate

Reaction score
For MCAT, buy Dougar's book for MCAT.(medical Only)
For SAT buy the latest addition of SAT1
for ECAT same Dougar's book.

Reaction score
Axa saleem said:
in UET the Entry Test is held on last Sunday of August every year.

An applicant for admission to any of the course offered
by the University must fulfill the following requirements:
a) He should have obtained at least 60% marks in F.Sc/ ICS/ DAE/B.Sc/ B.Tech(Pass) Examination excluding Sports and Hafiz-e-Quran Marks

I can't see A levels over here? o_o
Plus, I've just come to know that MCAT is Medical College Admission Test, so it means that as I've to do engineering, so definitely I don't have to do this. The thing comes about SAT. So, what do I've to do in SAT? Read the books and give the test, eh? =/

Reaction score
gosh, MCAT is only for Medical,
U'll do ECAT.(engineering)

And UET is a government college, so you'll provide them an equivalence certificate. Not your A level grades

Reaction score
Axa saleem said:

And UET is a government college, so you'll provide them an equivalence certificate. Not your A level grades
omg! Thank you! =)

princesszahra said:
Mr Zishi u may contact UET
Convener, Admission Committee
University of Engineering & Technology, Lahore.
Phone: 92 (42) 9029216, 9029452, 9029470
Email: [email protected]
Hmm, I'll surely contact them. By the way, as people have told me GIK is best university for engineering, so I'm thinking to get admission over there. =p

Reaction score
Zishi said:
Axa saleem said:

omg! Thank you! =)

princesszahra said:
Mr Zishi u may contact UET
Convener, Admission Committee
University of Engineering & Technology, Lahore.
Phone: 92 (42) 9029216, 9029452, 9029470
Email: [email protected]
Hmm, I'll surely contact them. By the way, as people have told me GIK is best university for engineering, so I'm thinking to get admission over there. =p

GIK is the one is NWFP right>? If it is then DONT get admission there please do your research. there are strong rmours that due to secuirty reasons most of theur foreign staff has left the university and now teachers from their local universities are replacing them. So standard has dropped. Please do research on this before applying.

Reaction score
@Maryem: I heard that it is in NWFP. But when I searched the internet and asked my cousins, I came to know that it is in Islamabad. =)

Reaction score
security threats are every where! you can' t leave the Best of your choice just for security reasons, and i don't think so the standard will fall.

Reaction score
hey i wanna aks that when we have to give sat exam..................is there any fixed time???

Reaction score
mista.lova.lova said:
if u wanna join UET or any govt uni for sure, then better go for fsc..
but if u r willing n able to cope wid a levels then the optio for u in lahore will be LUMS or FAST etc... i wld suggest u to do A levels, n if u wanna study further maths, then dont take more than 4 other subjects wid it..
and also check how we felt abt further in the first year.. :-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQ6V4882uKY
:D
can help u more tmrw, hav to prepare for a ppr rite nw.. :)

loved the video!!!

Reaction score
My bro who completed A levels 3 years ago advised me that for a Olevel passed student , it is not easy to adjust in FSC as there is lot of memorising stuff and pak studies islimiyat are lengthy and difficult in it, it is tougher then A levels...and its difficult to adjust in FSC for Olevel's student as the system, coarse and preparation for it is entirely opposite to alevels dre is not enough concept base studies in it... i too want to study here at the uni level and i am opting for alevels as it will be easy for me to adjust and score well in it...

Reaction score
Now education is more and more develop, you can get degree from online also. As study aspect is most important part our life, because it's effect on our future so select any field in education as your interest.