• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Advice about further studies!

Reaction score
MAVtKnmJ said:
Re-read my post, I think my answer and the reasons were pretty clear ;)
Nah, I couldn't get it. Just wanted to tell you that I'd be staying in Pakistan, so according to you it'd be better to do F.Sc, right? :shock:

Reaction score
Zishi said:
Axa saleem said:
Zishi said:
@MAVtKnmJ : So according to you, should I do F.Sc, eh? :?

hey no......No need. You can get into very good Universities with A levels, secondly you can apply abroad at anytime in your life.
Seriously, I don't want to go abroad now. As they call us terrorists and I've seen that how they treat us, etc. I'm afraid to go Abroad now. =|

still. go for A levels, you have HELL better universities in which you can get admitted. Secondly, A levels will actually 'groom' you better

Reaction score
@Axa Saleem: Yeah, I know that it'd give me much better knowledge, information, etc. But the MAIN problem is of getting admissions, owing to equivalence. Well, as you people say that I can get admissions, so I'll then definitely do A-levels. "/

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
MAVtKnmJ said:
Really depends on what field you will be pursuing. If you can inform us about that then we might be able to guide you better!
any suggestions for me..I want to go to medical InshAllah,and I too have the same problem like Zishi.

Reaction score
Zishi said:
Well, I've gone through my O levels and now it is time to think whether to do F.Sc OR A levels. (If moderators or Admins think that this is not the place for this topic, then they may move it)

During my o-levels, I was damn sure that I will do A levels, but I've heard many things about the equivalence, etc. So, this has forced me to get advice of the students of A-Levels. I just wanted to know that as I want to live in pakistan and do a job over here in future, people have advised me to do F.Sc. Plus, they're telling me If I would do A levels, then I won't get admission in the GOOD universities of Lahore. =/ I'm really not interested in doing F.Sc, and I really want to do A levels, as I want to do Further Mathematics, etc. Also, I'm afraid of Islamiat and Urdu of F.Sc. =@

Please help me out! Please!

I would advise you to choose A levels. they may decraese a few marks but the greater proprotion of your entrance depends on your entry test. A level students have an advantage there to succeed better so you should do a levels.

Reaction score
A* has been introduced this year .!
so A* will get a higher equivalance compared to A .!

my advise just go for A LEVEL

Reaction score
Well, I'll put this in simpler terms then ;)

Medical Related Fields = A Level for Agha Khan university and FSC for the rest!
Engineering Fields = A Level for universities such as LUMS, NUST, GIKI and FSC for UET, FAST etc.

Simple enough for ya? ;)

Reaction score
i m also worried abt whether to do a levelz or f.s.c
secondly i wanna ask sum suggestion abt the subjects is shud choose.
if i choose BOTH MATHS AND BIO will there be chance for me to apply for both fields i.e engineering and medical in the same year.nd does both these subjects really help or r they a headache cos 1 of my frnDZZ is doin engineerin in gik and he told me its better to choose bio OR maths.it doesnt increase ur equivalency marks nd giv u more truble than if u had chosen only 1 of them.WHAT DO U GUYXX SUGgEST????

mak

Reaction score
MAVtKnmJ said:
Well, I'll put this in simpler terms then ;)

Medical Related Fields = A Level for Agha Khan university and FSC for the rest!
Engineering Fields = A Level for universities such as LUMS, NUST, GIKI and FSC for UET, FAST etc.

Simple enough for ya? ;)

well i disagree a bit... for engineering , Alvl helps u in LUMS and GIKI nd yeah FAST.... Nd Fsc leads u to UET, NUST, FAST nd even GIKI...

So I THINK ITS FAR BETTER TO DO FSC IF U WANT TO BE SURE IN GETTING ADMISSION IN GOOD UNIs... But then u'l have to work so damn hard to get good marks.. in each and every subj, urdu, isk , pakstdz etc... and here in Alvlz i think u need to study regularly but not 24/7.... nd yeah u can get good equivalence even after Alvlz thats not a headache... actually u really don't need good marks in equivalence really unless u aim for UET... coz they want minimum marks of 65% i think and dat u can get easily... ALLL DEPENDS on ENTRY TEST ! nd if u go 4 Alvlz u must go through FSc course in vacations or so, that'll help you prepare for entry tests. Nd Alvl definitely GROOOOOOOOOMs u Well... U Really Knw WHAT U R STUDYING... unlike FSc..... Nd i'll advise u to take both Bio and Maths... U can apply anywhere den.... u just dunno when ur mind changes and u want to go for any other field... so u must have the options with u... nd dun worry abt equivalence marks, they must b more than the mininum required markx... Awl the rest is done by ur entry tests.... Best ov luck :)

Reaction score
mak said:
well i disagree a bit... for engineering , Alvl helps u in LUMS and GIKI nd yeah FAST.... Nd Fsc leads u to UET, NUST, FAST nd even GIKI...
So, it means that A levels won't help me in getting admission in UET, which is the first university in which I've ever thought to go? o___o

Reaction score
Zishi said:
mak said:
So, it means that A levels won't help me in getting admission in UET, which is the first university in which I've ever thought to go? o___o

Not at all.
Though you may need to go over Fsc books, but that is just to pick up some facts like things. Not much at all. But the deeper concepts of A levels definitely help alot. And mind you the reason they decrease our marks is because in A levels if it shows on your result that you have an A (80%) its quite possible you score that when your real percentage was much lower. thats why they decrease them. but for entrance a big chunk depends on your "entrance test" which is mostly about concepts, and some facts (which you can get from fsc books). so you will have a definite advantage there.

My sister took Fsc and is now in nust. To prepare for entrance exams she used both A level books and Fsc books. Also the academy which was helping her prepare taught them keeping concepts not ratta in mind.

In the end you need a bit of both. but its easier to study fsc books when you have done a levels then it is to study A levels pattern and concepts when you have done Fsc,

It was my sister that made me go to A levels when she realised how much harder she had to work. She says even in uni she had to work harder to keep up And now me and my brother are both in A level/ O level system

thats all i can say to help the choice is yours ofcourse,.

Reaction score
You don't even need to go through the FSC books!
You get the knowledge when you go through the MCAT, ECAT books. Practice them well, and you are all ready for a Entry test. The confidence and technique we have about the MCQ's is lacking in matric/FSC people. So we take an advantage here....

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
then people can I choose for A levels if I want to go to medical??

Reaction score
Axa saleem said:
You don't even need to go through the FSC books!
You get the knowledge when you go through the MCAT, ECAT books. Practice them well, and you are all ready for a Entry test. The confidence and technique we have about the MCQ's is lacking in matric/FSC people. So we take an advantage here....
So it means that I'd have to study books of those MCAT, etc, while doing A-levels, too? :eek:

Reaction score
lol, of course, how will you prepare for Entry test other wise?
you have these holidays, start it right way from now on...........u'll not be burdened by the time of Test

Reaction score
Axa saleem said:
lol, of course, how will you prepare for Entry test other wise?
you have these holidays, start it right way from now on...........u'll not be burdened by the time of Test

Okay! So, what should I do from SAT, MCAT, etc? Seriously, I've no idea about WHAT THESE ARE!! Plus, it'd be so good of you if you'd give me full information about getting admission in UET, Lahore. =o

-Zishi