• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

additional subjects??

Reaction score
r they really necessary 2 get admission in a gud college or something?? i specifically mean 4 gce olevel... like ive heard dat no gud college will giv u admission until u take atleast 1 additional subject! especially add math?? plz tell me dats not true... :0

Reaction score
r they really necessary 2 get admission in a gud college or something?? i specifically mean 4 gce olevel... like ive heard dat no gud college will giv u admission until u take atleast 1 additional subject! especially add math?? plz tell me dats not true... :0

That's not true.
But they are of importance if you want to study abroad.

Reaction score
abroad?? for alevels? no the most i can think of right now is Nixor.... advice?? :)

Well, they do give preference to students with a subject like Add-Maths, especially if you are going into Engineering.
A subject like Add-Maths is really helpful if you want to opt for Maths in A-Level, since most of the stuff in A-Level maths is covered in Add-Maths in O-Level.

Reaction score
Well, they do give preference to students with a subject like Add-Maths, especially if you are going into Engineering.
A subject like Add-Maths is really helpful if you want to opt for Maths in A-Level, since most of the stuff in A-Level maths is covered in Add-Maths in O-Level.

no.. actually i wanna go ahead wid biology tou us k liye koi additional subjects tou nahi lenay parhain gy na??

Reaction score
abroad?? for alevels? no the most i can think of right now is Nixor.... advice?? :)
You can get admission in Nixor without extra subjects.

However, if you want a scholarship at Nixor then you need at least 9 As, therefore, if you want a scholarship at Nixor college then you should appear for at least 10 subjects and score minimum As in all of them but remember, only go for the extra subjects if you can mange them. Don't overburden yourself!

Reaction score
no.. actually i wanna go ahead wid biology tou us k liye koi additional subjects tou nahi lenay parhain gy na??

If you want to go into Medical related field, then no additional subjects are required. (No Add-Maths)
Just Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in A-Level.

Reaction score
You can get admission in Nixor without extra subjects.

However, if you want a scholarship at Nixor then you need at least 9 As, therefore, if you want a scholarship at Nixor college then you should appear for at least 10 subjects and score minimum As in all of them but remember, only go for the extra subjects if you can mange them. Don't overburden yourself!

thaanx that helped much... :)

Reaction score
If you want to go for Biology then you should be looking forward to St. Patricks or KGS, not Nixor. The former two have, by far, the best sciences teaching staff in the city!

Reaction score
If you want to go for Biology then you should be looking forward to St. Patricks or KGS, not Nixor. The former two have, by far, the best sciences teaching staff in the city!

but ive heard dat math is compulsary in st. patricks.... nd i wanna get as far away from math as i can get!!

Reaction score
but ive heard dat math is compulsary in st. patricks.... nd i wanna get as far away from math as i can get!!
I've heard nothing of the sort, but still though, you shouldn't just believe what you hear from others; email them or call them and ask them. St. Patricks and KGS ARE the best for a pure sciences combination.

Reaction score
this is the prospectus of st.pats of last year from this u can get all admission abut st.pats ... for pre-medical u need to select group p, q,or r....
and st.pats is very rigid about its subject policies..!!! (y)

Attachments

• St.pats karachi a level.pdf
    750.9 KB · Views: 6
Reaction score

im from pats! u have to take 4 subjects excluding gp
u can take socio or any other subject instead of maths
same thing happens at kgs also

Reaction score
im from pats! u have to take 4 subjects excluding gp
u can take socio or any other subject instead of maths
same thing happens at kgs also

really?? well dat rocks.. :) btw wat ws ur olevels result nd wat really IS the grade requirement 4 getting into st patricks?? cuz ive heardd manyyy rumours..

Reaction score
I want to take further maths in A levels (I'm currently in o3) but I have not studied add math, can I self study add math and parts of the a level math syllabus during the summer vacations which are necessary for further math. I know further maths is extremely tough but if I work hard on add math but not appear, will I be able to study further maths in a levels

Reaction score
I want to take further maths in A levels (I'm currently in o3) but I have not studied add math, can I self study add math and parts of the a level math syllabus during the summer vacations which are necessary for further math. I know further maths is extremely tough but if I work hard on add math but not appear, will I be able to study further maths in a levels
You can take Further Maths without studying Add.Maths (but you do need to study the pure components of A'level Maths for Further Maths). I'd recommend you to go through the Add.Maths syllabus and practice, that'll make it easier for you to cope with A'level Maths. Once you get a hold of A'level Maths, you can start with Further Maths (one solution is to take accelerated A'level Maths in AS and then give Further Maths in A2). For now, just concentrate on your O'level subjects, try to study Add.Maths if you can.

Reaction score
Can I go through the add math syllabus during the summer vacations following my papers without appearing and still be able to study further maths

Reaction score
Can I go through the add math syllabus during the summer vacations following my papers without appearing and still be able to study further maths
Like I said, Add. Maths is not even directly related to Further Maths. But, yes, you can cover the Add. Maths syllabus (if you're good) in 3 months.

Reaction score
well you can get admission but in Pakistan those are always prefered who have studied more... abroad, the one with 13 A's will be treated same as the one with 8 A's, all the difference is about the extra curriculars like sports and music etc.
and if you talk about Add Maths.. its is of EXTREME importance.. that will help you more than you van think.!!!