• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Additional Mathematics 4037/22

Reaction score
1. y=25x^4 - 20x^2 + 4
2. (i) A, E
(ii) C,D
5. 4+3root5
The vector question: OC = 10i -24j and unit vector OC = 5/13i - 12/13j
Circular measure question: r=12.7 cm, A=14.6 cm^2
Two possible coordinates of C (0,10) and (4,2)
In that natural logarithm question, e^x = 3 and x = ln 3
Coordinates of k and c were 9 and 5.
Last question: Area was 16.9 units.

the answer to the nuture of turning point was one was max and another minimum?????

Reaction score
how did u guys solve that trig one, like the one u had with cos =x , 270<x<360 and then u had to find cosec or something

Reaction score
how did u guys solve that trig one, like the one u had with cos =x , 270<x<360 and then u had to find cosec or something

sin ^2=1 - cos^2
sin = underroot (1- cos^2)
sin= underroot (1-x^2) (substituting cos with x)
cosec= 1 divided by sin
hence cosec = 1 divided by underoot(1-x^2)

Reaction score
sin ^2=1 - cos^2
cosec= 1 divided by sin

o my godd, that's the same answer i gave,but i did in other way i kinda draw that 4 quadrant, and made the p x cordinate and denominator was one so yeah , i thot it was wrongg cz i literally never did any mahts like that :DDDD , haha im so happy now, inshallah an a star now :D no doubt, now i want allah to give me minimun 6 a's i did so bad in physics amd computing

Reaction score
If u r talking about C in the triangle wala ques, v had to simultaneously solve it ... I did it wrong :(

just one we had to do it with simultaneous, the other one like where u were given the length was easy, as the x-cordinate was already given b , and c were smae

Reaction score
just one we had to do it with simultaneous, the other one like where u were given the length was easy, as the x-cordinate was already given b , and c were smae
How were b and c the same? I formed two equations, one through pythagorus and the other through the distance formula...and then I dont know what the hell I did o_O how many marks was the area question for, the very last one?

Reaction score
sin ^2=1 - cos^2
cosec= 1 divided by sin

thats correct (y) just a 'p' in place of 'x' as the ans had to b given in terms of p