• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Actuarial Science

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Hi,

There are no grade requirements as such. Just do your best in high school.
Though, you need to have Economics and Math at A-level (or equivalent level). That's the most basic and important requirement to major in Actuarial Sciences.
Almost all the good universities in the States have Actuarial Sciences as a separate major.

All the best.

Reaction score
Hi,

There are no grade requirements as such. Just do your best in high school.
Though, you need to have Economics and Math at A-level (or equivalent level). That's the most basic and important requirement to major in Actuarial Sciences.
Almost all the good universities in the States have Actuarial Sciences as a separate major.

All the best.
Thaanks..
Are you sure there are no grade requirements? Like when I visit some sites about it, i ffind like there is a hidden grade requirement, not sure but you have to convert your grades to points.. Not sure.

Thanks (y)

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Thaanks..
Are you sure there are no grade requirements? Like when I visit some sites about it, i ffind like there is a hidden grade requirement, not sure but you have to convert your grades to points.. Not sure.

Thanks (y)

What I meant to say was that there is no specific criterion for a guaranteed admission.
Language efficiency is an important factor, too.

If you do well in high school, you will increase your chances of getting into good colleges. That's all.

You're welcome.

Reaction score
Oh okay, got your point. And my mains in A Levels have to be Economics and Mathematics yeah, Business studies and accounting make no difference?

Reaction score
Oh okay, got your point. And my mains in A Levels have to be Economics and Mathematics yeah, Business studies and accounting make no difference?

Accounting will help in actuarial sciences. I'd advise you to take Accounting too. My friends who study actuarial sciences, in general, find it easier to cope with Economics than with Accounting. Though it's easy, you need the practice.

Business Studies is really unnecessary if you have Economics and Accounting. You can do something else instead.

Reaction score
Accounting will help in actuarial sciences. I'd advise you to take Accounting too. My friends who study actuarial sciences, in general, find it easier to cope with Economics than with Accounting. Though it's easy, you need the practice.

Business Studies is really unnecessary if you have Economics and Accounting. You can do something else instead.
Oh thaanks! Thanks for the advice :D I'd love to talk to your friends, my mind has BILLIONS of queries :p