• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

ACCOUNTS

Reaction score
One of my tutor said that all the items under current assets can be easily turned into cash except inventory. Is that the reason y quick acid test ratio is better than current ratio. Is this correct?

Exactly! Some accountants say that an asset is most liquid if its converted into cash with 20 days which is simply not the case with inventory... so its not a liquid asset and therefore deducted from current assets to find current ratio! :D

Reaction score
Exactly! Some accountants say that an asset is most liquid if its converted into cash with 20 days which is simply not the case with inventory... so its not a liquid asset and therefore deducted from current assets to find current ratio! :D
Oooooh thankyou for all your replies it was really really helpful :p

Reaction score
Short notes on goodwill please?

simple way to figure out the goodwill of the business is to subtact networth of the business form the purchase price of the business...like business selling price is 1500 and the worth of business is 1000 so the goodwill of the business will be 500...

Reaction score
simple way to figure out the goodwill of the business is to subtact networth of the business form the purchase price of the business...like business selling price is 1500 and the worth of business is 1000 so the goodwill of the business will be 500...
Yeah thankyou. I have no problem in calculating but problem is wen i do the t account format. Can you please explain the T Accont if you dont mind :p

Reaction score
Yeah thankyou. I have no problem in calculating but problem is wen i do the t account format. Can you please explain the T Accont if you dont mind :p

to create goodwill....debit the goodwill account and credit the capital account this is done on the old ratio .....nd when goodwill is to written off debit capital account and credit goodwill account ,this is done on the new ratio provided..

Reaction score
Current assets less stock (closing stock) divided by current liabilities

thats becouse prepayment is money whch u have given in advance so u cant get it nor turn it in to cash quickly thats y they deduct it from quick acid ration just like closing stock..:)