• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Accounts P12 discussions

Reaction score
i think hard disk was capital expenditure, cause anything bought to improve current fixed assets or efficiency of business is regarded as a capital expenditure.

Reaction score
Yeah but it said replace. So that means that the failed hard disk brought down the value of the computer which was originally 4800 and when the hard disk was replaced, the value was restored to 4800 so there was no improvement

Reaction score
the question didnt really say that....
cause it only said that it bought a new computer, a laser printer and replaced an old hard disk.. so i dont think that thee failed hard disk brought the value of the new computer down /:

Reaction score
Printer and computer are both capital while the replaced hard disk was revenue. The dep was $1650
I did that too but how're you so sure about that? I read somewhere that replacement costs are regarded as capital expenditure?

Reaction score
When the previous hard disk failed, the value of the fixed reduced by some amount. When the hard disk was replaced, the value if the fixed asset was brought back to its original value because there was no improvement in technology of the hard disk. It was the same version, just a new piece. So the value of the fixed asset didn't increase

Reaction score
It did bring the value of the computer down because now the computer isn't functional

Reaction score
Paper 22 discussions!
Anyone remembers the Cost of Production? Were drawings to be subtracted from the Purchase of Raw Materials as well?
What was the additional debenture interest and preference dividend?

Reaction score
Paper 22 discussions!
Anyone remembers the Cost of Production? Were drawings to be subtracted from the Purchase of Raw Materials as well?
What was the additional debenture interest and preference dividend?
we cannot discuss now ryt? it has to be aftr 24 hours....