• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Accounts P12 discussions

Reaction score
i wrote capital /:
but isnt a capital expenditure also something you buy to improve the efficiency of a existing asset or improve efficiency of business?
yeah, but i think it's revenue.. because when we repair an asset its revenue
When a building is painted for the first time, its capital.. but then, when it is repainted later, its revenue
I guess its the same here? when we are REplacing the hard disk.. its considered revenue

But then again, this is just my view :)

Reaction score
ur almost write but answer is $135 because the question said that the dividends were paid in 2 summesters remember? they asked how much paid for the first term, meaning half of 270 which is 135

What'd you get for the Net Profit in the income statement?

Reaction score
yeah, but i think it's revenue.. because when we repair an asset its revenue
When a building is painted for the first time, its capital.. but then, when it is repainted later, its revenue
I guess its the same here? when we are REplacing the hard disk.. its considered revenue

But then again, this is just my view :)
yes u r correct however a revenue expense is day to day expense, u do not replace the hard disk on ur computer on a day to day basis, the question stated that there was a problem in the hard disk therfore they replaced the hard disk, which isnt actually a repair but is adding value which to me seems as a capital expense

Reaction score
what was the depreciation and the net profit.................divendends

Reaction score
but if you say its a fixed asset and you arent charging dep then arent you fixed assets overstated, and + doesnt the cost of it just add on the computer so indirectly you would normally charge dep?
exactly i added the replace of the hard disc and the cost of da printer and the computer and calculated the slm thing n it gave me a final dep. of $1800