• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Accounts P12 discussions

Reaction score
i wrote capital /:
but isnt a capital expenditure also something you buy to improve the efficiency of a existing asset or improve efficiency of business?

Reaction score
You had to multiply 6000 by $1.50=9,000
and then find 3% of that =$270
ur almost write but answer is $135 because the question said that the dividends were paid in 2 summesters remember? they asked how much paid for the first term, meaning half of 270 which is 135

Reaction score
ur almost write but answer is $135 because the question said that the dividends were paid in 2 summesters remember? they asked how much paid for the first term, meaning half of 270 which is 135
we had a question similar to that, but instead of dividend, it was interest on debentures

Reaction score
WHAT ABOUT THE CAPITAL AND REVENUE QUESTION--- ABOUT THE HARD DISC!!
i rote capital as it is adding value to the computer and its not an expense that is done on a day to day basis, but i did not charge depreciation on that but only on the computer and the printer which are all capital as u dont buy them everyday and u expect it to last for a long time

Reaction score
i rote capital as it is adding value to the computer and its not an expense that is done on a day to day basis, but i did not charge depreciation on that but only on the computer and the printer which are all capital as u dont buy them everyday and u expect it to last for a long time
but if you say its a fixed asset and you arent charging dep then arent you fixed assets overstated, and + doesnt the cost of it just add on the computer so indirectly you would normally charge dep?

Reaction score
but if you say its a fixed asset and you arent charging dep then arent you fixed assets overstated, and + doesnt the cost of it just add on the computer so indirectly you would normally charge dep?
i did charge dep on the computer, but damn ya i guess ur rite i should have added the cost of the hard disk to the computer and then charged depreciation

Reaction score
oh yeah, i forgot about that part.. thanks (Y) :D