• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Accounts Aslevel paper 9706.

Reaction score
How was your accounts paper? Plz share your answers for question no.1 of finding the fire destroyed stock..!!

Reaction score
i made silly mistakes in paper like in calc :mad: :mad: :'( my stock destroyed was costing $1220!!!!

Reaction score
i made a big mistake in number 3. I forgot to times the fixed cost with the output so I guess the rest will be wrong too :(
Do you think I will lose more than 5 marks? The only mistake I made in number 3 is the amount of fixed cost.
In number 1b, I made it like this : opening inventory + credit purchases - cash sales to staff on cost - annual clearance sale - credit sales - normal sales on cost - closing inventory . But the result is negative !! :'(
I'm quite confidence in number 2 but I think the mistake I did in number 1 and 3 will make it impossible for me to get an A :(
Hope for full marks in paper 12! :D

Reaction score
ameliaivana said:
i made a big mistake in number 3. I forgot to times the fixed cost with the output so I guess the rest will be wrong too :(
Do you think I will lose more than 5 marks? The only mistake I made in number 3 is the amount of fixed cost.
In number 1b, I made it like this : opening inventory + credit purchases - cash sales to staff on cost - annual clearance sale - credit sales - normal sales on cost - closing inventory . But the result is negative !! :'(
I'm quite confidence in number 2 but I think the mistake I did in number 1 and 3 will make it impossible for me to get an A :(
its okkay. You just forgot to include +sales returns

Reaction score
Sijan92 said:
ameliaivana said:

argh i thought that the credit sales have been deducted by the sales returns. What is the answer for the trading account? And do you think i lost more than 5 marks in question number 3?

Reaction score
ameliaivana said:
Sijan92 said:
ameliaivana said:

argh i thought that the credit sales have been deducted by the sales returns. What is the answer for the trading account? And do you think i lost more than 5 marks in question number 3?
Don't worry girl. You would probably lose 2 marks for Q1. And you're not supposed to times the fixed with output. Fixed costs don't vary with output produced. They remain constant regardless of the output produced..

Reaction score
Yeah. But as sales volume increased, total variable cost would also increase

Reaction score
Sijan92

I wanna ask you this! are you sure that it was sales VOLUME or sales VALUE. i asked from alot of my friends and they told me that it was sales value. EVEN IAM CONFUSED RIGHT NOW!!! I DONT REMEMBER WHAT WAS IT. if it was sales value than i think there was no need to increase variable cost but if it was indeed sales volume than arrrgh i lost 1 or 2 marks. any how its ok my grade will still inshallah come with flying colours.

Reaction score
@naavo: They just said sales increased. Sales increase can mean too thing- increase in price or increase in volume. You don't expect them to increase their price??

Reaction score
Q1 stock valuation was as follows:

opening stock + purchases + sales return at cost - credit sales at cost - cash sales at cost - clearance sales already at cost - closing stock = Destroyed goods

Reaction score
so u guys did that stock question correctly, i could not do it, got my answer in negative

Reaction score
i got it negative too because i forgot the sales returns :(
yes the answer for 3b supposed to be $118,000 .
The fixed cost is absorbed from direct material which should be calculated like this right? 50%*(direct material per unit*output)
The most stupid thing I did is I forgot to times the direct material with the output so the fixed cost will be totally wrong as it comes in only 2 digit :'(
I guess that I will lose more than 5 marks then :(
For number 1b, is the credit sales on cost in decimal value? because i did not get the whole number in the calculation.
Is this correct? [(100-33.33)/100*credit sales got in 1aii]

Reaction score
yeap ameliavana that's correct!!! Credit sales and sales returns come as decimal. Only Cash sales come as whole figure. I think the reason for your negative answer is because you forgot to include sales returns. So yea, you lose only 2 marks in that question...

Reaction score
hmahmood18 said:
Q1 stock valuation was as follows:

opening stock + purchases + sales return at cost - credit sales at cost - cash sales at cost - clearance sales already at cost - closing stock = Destroyed goods

hey how did you calculate Credit Sales at Cost?

I mean were we supposed to treat Clearance Sales as if their amount was already included in the Credit Sales we calculated from the SLCA; or as if their amount was not already included in the Credit Sales; or they were to be treated as Cash Sales?

I treated them as if they were already included in Credit Sales figure, so Credit Sales Cost will be [(Credit Sales - Sales Return - Clearance Sales Cost) X 66.66%]