• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Accounting Paper 42.

Rate your Accounts paper 42!

• Awesome (100-120)

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Good (80-100)

Votes: 12 35.3%
  • Average (70-80)

Votes: 19 55.9%

• Total voters
Reaction score
they've made one in question 2 in ON 2012 P43
and they ask us to make one in MJ 2013 P41 Q2

Reaction score
i took the lower of cost in both the income statement and balance sheet
what were ur component grades in AS? if u dont mind can u tell the marks too.
We don't get the marks in Pakistan. I had B in P1 and A in P2 while overall was A.

Reaction score
To end with, if you had disposed it off then you probably subtracted it from 65000 the cost that was given which contradicts with the fact that the amount 16000 was already adjusted which you said while calculation of depreciation. If it was adjusted then then you cannot subtract again in schedule.
Apparently so, but they never asked us to prepare a schedule for motor vehicle. I'd have known this before but my memory deceived me.
What I said earlier, I still stand to it as it's the right treatment and you can ask you teacher that.

Reaction score
Apparently so, but they never asked us to prepare a schedule for motor vehicle. I'd have known this before but my memory deceived me.
What I said earlier, I still stand to it as it's the right treatment and you can ask you teacher that.
it also said 'property' but was there anything like property? NO so it meant land and buildings and all other non-current assets INCLUDING motor vehicle, a schedule is all about non-current assets according to IAS 16, how can a 'schedule' be a schedule excluding a non-current asset.

Reaction score
it also said 'property' but was there anything like property? NO so it meant land and buildings and all other non-current assets INCLUDING motor vehicle, a schedule is all about non-current assets according to IAS 16, how can a 'schedule' be a schedule excluding a non-current asset.
Property included Lands and buildings? IAS 16 you are quoting is about Property, plant and equipment. Motor vehicle is nowhere mentioned.
http://www.iasplus.com/en-gb/standards/ias/ias16
Also, before going to the IAS, you should revise how entries are posted into Trial balance. If that depreciation would 'not' have been recorded like you claim then how in the world is loss included into trail balance? That is the point I am raising, as far as that schedule is concerned, I messed it up as well.