• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Accounting Paper 42.

Rate your Accounts paper 42!

• Awesome (100-120)

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Good (80-100)

Votes: 12 35.3%
  • Average (70-80)

Votes: 19 55.9%

• Total voters
Reaction score
n i had a problem with a year's cash flow n i detected this when 5 mins were left so i quickly corrected the npv, net profit of that yr in the Arr n the npv for Irr but didnt have the time to correct the formula n got the wrong percents...so do i lose all my marks in each question??? n u all chose sylvania or smething rite?
sylvania is my choice and i did round off, damn you 1000

Reaction score
The depreciation would be 5060 something. This is because the loss was already recorded in the trial balance. Means the extra depreciation you people deducted was already present in the accumulated depreciation.

Reaction score
The depreciation would be 5060 something. This is because the loss was already recorded in the trial balance. Means the extra depreciation you people deducted was already present in the accumulated depreciation.
i think u'r rite...so byebye A i guess....

Reaction score
i don't understand, i got 4060/4061 so here is this difference of 1000!!! can you show how?

Reaction score
wat did u multiply the 8% with?

Reaction score
yeah it said no
Nope. Loss on disposal? The question clearly said that the asset would not be sold or scrapped. There was no scrap value.
'scrap value' but the depreciation charge accumulate was less than the cost, meaning that althought it was sold for nil, it haadd some bbok value which was loss on sale. so there

Reaction score
mine was wrong obviously since i got the wrong dividends, n they were of 4 marks each......forget it yaar, will have to get full in mcqs at any cost IA...

Reaction score
yeah it said no

'scrap value' but the depreciation charge accumulate was less than the cost, meaning that althought it was sold for nil, it haadd some bbok value which was loss on sale. so there
he thought we were talking about Q 3, we're talking about q 2