• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Accounting paper 22 discussions here.

Reaction score
Okay, here are my answers. :)
I selected Business Y as computer manufacturer, which I know was wrong, I got Capital employed 1800,000 and 750,000 respectively while sales were 540,000 and 1500,000. Non-current assets had to be found by using working capital and deducting it from Capital employed.

In Question 2, I didn't see that interest was just for 3 months, so I took it whole and got wrong net profit of 18000 instead of 20,000 but that would cause a maximum of 3 marks. Good will was to be credited in the Grosz account but not to be written off. Appropriation account would be correct but I think I'll lose marks in theory as for why good will was arisin.

In Question 3, I got 2200 as break even and then got the Margin of safety in revenue. The total material was coming 48000 metres and the profit was coming $52,800. Examiner might deduct 1 or 2 in the last part but that's unlikely because I mentioned that different profits are reported due to change in inventory level as in Marginal costing, inventory is treated as period cost while in absorptional, it's treated as unit cost.

I did the same paper as you did exactly. Its just that I failed to judge the q3 profit maximization part. I wrote the quantity
and marking correctly but didn't mentioned profit. Can anyone tell me how many marks will me deducted from this mistake? :(

Reaction score
I did the same paper as you did exactly. Its just that I failed to judge the q3 profit maximization part. I wrote the quantity
and marking correctly but didn't mentioned profit. Can anyone tell me how many marks will me deducted from this mistake? :(

Well, I've no idea about that but it's a big mistake.

Reaction score
IS any one giving the accounting paper 4 tomorrow ???? if so plz reply need advice on the topics!! HELP

Reaction score
IS any one giving the accounting paper 4 tomorrow ???? if so plz reply need advice on the topics!! HELP
ADVICE: Study :)
Serious note, things turn out to be unexpected and a sudden shock! Not giving the paper but talking from experience ;) :p