• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Accounting paper 22 discussions here.

Reaction score
In Question 1 the sales figures I calculated were incorrect for both the firms, the rest of the calculations involved using the sales figure, so will I get own figure marks for the rest of the questions?

Reaction score
Hmm...Insha Allah I wil get 15 to 20 marks in P1 and 35 to 40 in P2 bw total how much marks we neet to get pass in comeplete A-level approximately....
Btw thnx u :)

Reaction score
how many marks will be deducted for adding loan figures to capital employed and then getting wrong non current assets and for not showing workings?
its wasn't mentioned that the interest on loan has not been accounted for in the P and L. so y do we need to deduct??

Reaction score
well paper 2 only the first question was hard and wat did u get for the net profit in the first question and which business was a groccery store

Reaction score
[quis te="rizwan abdul razzak, post: 555466, member: 71878"]its wasn't mentioned that the interest on loan has not been accounted for in the P and L. so y do we need to deduct??[/quote]
He is talking about qs1 (iii)

Reaction score
yeah u can expect that as in nov 2008,q1 was quite hard so gt was 54 fr it,the lowest gt fr as p2 in history.

Reaction score
the right way of calculating the value of non current assets in Q:no-1 was we need to find the capital employed through the ROCE ratio. loan is already added in that and we need to add the trade payables to the figure and then deduct the trade recievables.
Assets= Capital + Liabilities.
I wasn't able to think of this during the exam due to time factor. :( :'(

Reaction score
guys how many marks do u think ill lose if a considered gross profit ratio as markup....?? i did some rough workings for calculating other stuff on the blank page... any idea??

Reaction score
This goodwill problem does raise confusions. As it is clearly stated in the IAS that ONLY purchased goodwill can be shown in the books the rest is to be written off. That's what we've been taught aswell. But like you guys are saying there might have been some question in the past paper where the examiner didn't write it off when there was no mention of it. These morons don't even have consistency. We'll just have to say what mood the examiner is in this time around. Hopefully it'll be alright.
And secondly A Level Accounting is quite tougher than AS Level. A Level accounting questions are more challenging, problem solving type..You oughta score maximum marks in the AS papers my friends, cause A level will need real hard work :)

Reaction score
Yes exactly, that's what we've been taught all along too, but as some of these guys are saying there has been a paper in the past where the examiner didn't write off the goodwill when it didn't ask for it, so we can't really say what the examiner might come up with as the correct answer this time. :/

Reaction score
According to the IAS the goodwill should be written off if it is not a purchased goodwill.
I know about it, IAS and GAAP both say this. I know it's treatment but in the past, there was a question which I solved in which we didn't have to write off the good will because it wasn't written in the question.