• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Accounting paper 22 discussions here.

Reaction score
Got the correct capital employed figures, but added the Bank Loan figures :S...How many marks will I lose in that mistake, as the Qs was for 13 marks.
Also, what was the maximum profit answer in Qs 3? I got 52,800.
What was bussiness X in Qs1 (i)? I wrote that it was the computer manufacturer because of a large bank loan and high G.P ratio.
And the Corrected N.P was $20,000?
52800 is correct...20000 net profit is correct and i also indicated business x as manufaturing
and i made the same mistake in question 1:(
what did you do with goodwill...did we have to right it off..we werent told to write it off???
and did we have to show the workings?????

Reaction score
24 hours have past, and I'm going to try linking down the common tricky questions that can be discussed.

Q1)

a) Calculating Revenue (Mark up/Margin or some other mathematical calculation)
b) Calculation of current liabilities with only current assets and it's ratio available

Q2)

a) Treatment of damaged stock in net profit (Was valued 9500, but damaged, NRL is 2000)
b) Treatment of loan interest in net profit
c) Goodwill treatment in capital account

Q3)

a) Ranking for meters available (I think the second product was ranked as no.3)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
the priorities in question 3 were apex 1...cord 2 and bond 3 with maximised profit coming 52800.
i did not write off the goodwill since it wasnt mentioned...
loan interest was 1000 and corrected net profit 20000
as for the question why goodwill has arisen....i just winged it and said that the net value of the business is greater then its net assets and good reputation and its a profit generating business.
tell me whats INCORRECT.

Reaction score
Don't we take loan accrude as a deduction from net profit?

Since we only took 3 months from it, what about the remainder? Accrude at end is added to expenses correct?

Reaction score
I had no idea what I was doing and wrote about the current ratio :D Can you upload a picture of q3?
I dont even remmbr the figures I got. Most of my figures are wrong. Im just worried :S I hope i get 1Of.
Sure i will by the night hopefully.

Reaction score
Q3 Can someone answer the (e) part. Like the way you wrote it in the exam?
#poorquality #webcam #sorryformypoppingnails :p

Attachments

• Picture 022a.jpeg.jpg
    Picture 022a.jpeg.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 83
Reaction score
Okay, here are my answers. :)
I selected Business Y as computer manufacturer, which I know was wrong, I got Capital employed 1800,000 and 750,000 respectively while sales were 540,000 and 1500,000. Non-current assets had to be found by using working capital and deducting it from Capital employed.

In Question 2, I didn't see that interest was just for 3 months, so I took it whole and got wrong net profit of 18000 instead of 20,000 but that would cause a maximum of 3 marks. Good will was to be credited in the Grosz account but not to be written off. Appropriation account would be correct but I think I'll lose marks in theory as for why good will was arisin.

In Question 3, I got 2200 as break even and then got the Margin of safety in revenue. The total material was coming 48000 metres and the profit was coming $52,800. Examiner might deduct 1 or 2 in the last part but that's unlikely because I mentioned that different profits are reported due to change in inventory level as in Marginal costing, inventory is treated as period cost while in absorptional, it's treated as unit cost.

Reaction score
:O You mean we weren't supposed to debit it with the new ratio?!
No, that's because the question didn't say so, though IAS says that internally generated good will should not be recorded due to subjectivity and objectivity concept, but CIE doesn't get the point!

Reaction score
It doesn't really matter if you debited it or not. Since the question wasn't clear, you can do either way. it should be acceptable. At least, that's what my teacher told me.

Reaction score
It doesn't really matter if you debited it or not. Since the question wasn't clear, you can do either way. it should be acceptable. At least, that's what my teacher told me.
In the past, there was this question, which was exactly like that, good will wasn't to be written off.
Or else it's mentioned that it should be written off

Reaction score
are u sure that Q2 said that interest ws fr four months cause i think loan ws frm 1 march 2011