• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Accounting doubts & Queries

Reaction score
1)Total Overhead= Variable overhead + Fixed overhead.
2) Variable Overhead= Variable overhead rate per hour mutliply by no. of labour hours.

So using the data of month May, Total overheads as $986000 and Labour hours as 68000 and variable rate as $5
986000= 340000(68000 into 5) + Fixed cost.
Fixed cost= 986000- 340000= $646000.Ans

thank you so much....and if anyone also has any questions on AS level accounts ill try my best to help.... :D

Reaction score
C
Why should we include debentures under equity in the equation fr return on capital employeds equation? hitler575 :: A^,and the others
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Accounting (9706)/9706_s13_qp_12.pdf
Q22
Capital employed means the total amount of capital we have financed either through Owner's equity or long term loans. Therefore we add Debentures too. And other way of calculating Capital Employed= Total Assest- Current Liabilities.

Reaction score
upload_2014-5-4_20-25-47.png

in questions like these they might change it like...th bad debts "are to be written off" instead of "had been written off" so what do we do in each of these cases? :/

Reaction score
the ans is C bt i dnt knw hw to find it
phew! good jus needed to make sure,,,,and in this question how do i find the contribution?
View attachment 41143
Wont be doing this paper until Monday or Tuesday Morning In sha Allah. So not gonna work it out right now, jus gonna tell you how things work :p
Find total cost for both levels.
Use the difference in cost divided by difference in units to find VC/Unit, using which find contribution and then find C/S ratio.